‘Tis The Season For Comfy, Cozy Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

While I may not be the biggest fan of winter (Jack Frost and I are currently on the “outs”), the cold weather does give me an excuse to bundle up in cute coats, hats and… sweaters.

If done right, a sweater can be the perfect statement piece. Pair with a pair of jeans and your favorite boots, and you’re ready for class/date night/a party, you name it.

And, when I say “done right,” I don’t mean those knitted by your grandma (though those are definite contestants for the “ugly Christmas sweater” days).

We’re young and wild and free, and our sweaters should be, too.

So, this season, think about the cool details: bows, belts and (my personal favorite) glitter/sequins.

I’ve included my favorite pieces from H&M below for your convenience.

Happy shopping, collegiettes!

Jacquard-knit Cardigan

I love the bohemian vibes with this sweater; a top knot and moccasins would be the perfect accessories!

Off-the-shoulder Sweater

This is the ultimate in sexy cold-weather wear! I woud seriously wear this all the time. All. The. Time.

Sweater with Lace Trims

The flirty hem and the bright color make this the perfect OOTN for your next holiday (or frat) party.

Sequined Sweater

I’m a sucker for anything with glitter/sequins/sparkle. This sweater, though, has a unique eye-catching design, which I love!

Glittery Sweater

Secretly, I’m a huge nerd and I freaked out when I saw this sweater! Wear with leather leggings (as shown above) or high-waisted jeans.

Sweater with Slit

Though this one may not keep you very warm, you’ll definitely be the talk of the party in this sweater!! Wear your hair in a ponytail to show off the detail.

Photo credits:

www.hm.com

www.hm.com

www.hm.com

www.hm.com

www.hm.com

www.hm.com

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).