Spend More to Do Better: 8 charitable clothing companies to support

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

1. Me to We- Every Me to We purchase provides a child or family with a life changing gift in return. From health care, to income opportunities, education, or drinkable water- a difference is made with every dollar spent. 

2. ASOS Africa- The aim of ASOS Africa is to lift people out of poverty by providing their workers with practical skills and health benefits through employment with the company. The eco friendly stitch shop has improved the lives of hundreds with their employment opportunities.

3. TOMS- Join the movement one step at a time. For every pair purchased, another pair of TOMS is donated to a shoeless child in need.

4. Sevenly- Sevenly is a graphic tee company that uses either 7% or 7$ from each purchase to help fund their “cause of the week” or an existing charitable partner. The project was launched in 2011 and has already raised over 4.4 million dollars.

5. Miomojo- The Miomoji bag line aims to end animal cruelty. Their specific philanthropy works hand-in-hand with Animals Asia to shut down bear bile farms across the continent and preserve the lives of thousands of bears each year.

Lauren identifies herself as a fun-loving daughter of The King. She is studying Journalism at the University of Kentucky and plans on pursuing a career as a book editor. She is infatuated with her role as a sister in Chi Omega at UK but her roots are planted in southern Ohio. She is an avid reader, hammock dweller, animal lover, and coffee sipper. Her aim is to never let the grandeur of of this world (especially this university) go unnoticed.
"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."