Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UK News

Stress Free and Healthy: Staying Fit Over Winter Break

By Rachael Gilley
November 25, 2012 - 11:51pm

READ MORE

Great Ideas for Halloween Costumes!

By Rachel Lolli
October 14, 2012 - 5:19pm

If you haven’t thought about your Halloween costume yet, it’s time to start. Halloween is right around the corner and before you know it, you’ll be the only one wearing last year’s pregnant Beyoncé costume. Not to mention, college isn’t just one night in college, it can be multiple nights which means something more frightening than Paranormal Activity 3- multiple costumes. Yikes! But before you get too scared of this idea, think of it in a positive way. Now you don’t have to narrow your Halloween persona to just one character. So you can be scary and cute, sexy and funny. The best Halloween costumes are a mixture of both or even all of these things. But I know you’re probably busy with midterms and painting fraternity formal coolers, and it’s hard to...

Madness In The Bluegrass

By Lyndsey Gough
September 28, 2012 - 5:38pm

I’m sure everyone saw the “tent city” taking over north campus last week. In case you were wondering why people would camp outside in the cool fall weather for a week, even braving the rain, the answer is simple - the first official basketball practice of the season. To Kentucky fans, Big Blue Madness is much more than just a practice. It is the first time fans get to see the new team in action, as well the beginning of another basketball season to which they hope to hang another banner at the end of. Big Blue Madness will take place October 12 in Rupp Arena starting at 5:00 pm, with a women’s volleyball game before the basketball begins. Tickets are sold out but the game will be aired on ESPN 2, ESPN U, and streamed at UK Athletics website....

All The Single Ladies!

By Rachel Lolli
September 16, 2012 - 5:45pm

The beginning of a new school year brings a lot of change: new clothes, new classes, new place to live, and more than often it also brings a new love life. Fall semester gives us plenty of opportunities Whether you’re a freshman who just broke it off with a boyfriend at home, upperclassman whose other half just hasn’t seemed to matured, or your now ex-boyfriend just par-took in frat rush and all of the sudden had different priorities (we know how that goes). Whatever the reason, you are now in single land. But instead of buying bulk in tissue boxes and spending the night alone with Ben and Jerry, rethink your situation. You are a newly eligible single college woman- the possibilities are endless. Here are my top three reasons why being single isn’t so...

It's Football Time in The Bluegrass

By Rachel Lolli
September 9, 2012 - 11:54pm

There’s nothing quite like Kentucky football season. The mall is sold out of blue dresses, fall weather is in the air and school spirit is at an all-time high. And somehow, UK football is the last thing on your mind.
Last week The Kentucky Wildcats lost the battle to the Louisville Cardinals, 32-14. The Cats not only gave up the Governor’s Cup to in-state rival Louisville, but they also might have lost fans along the way.
Fan turnout to games is on the decline, and with the loss to Louisville, any possible hope that Cat supporters may have come into the season with has certainly been shaken.
READ MORE

Top Picks for Fall Flicks

By Rachel Lolli
September 3, 2012 - 7:29pm

Don’t let the high temperatures fool you; the season of fall is on its way! It’s time again for boots and scarves, pumpkin-scented candles, bonfires, holidays and of course, tailgates. But there is one more activity you should be adding to your fall bucket list: going to the movies! We know you do it all year round but with the fall 2012 lineup, there really is no better time to READ MORE

Ten Study Habits to Use (and Avoid!)

By Jillian Wisniewski
April 22, 2012 - 8:26pm

During the last week of school, everyone is getting ready to go back home and finally catch up on some much needed sleep. But, there are also these tests called “finals” that everyone must complete before heading home. Every student knows that finals week could also be called stress week. There are so many subjects to study for in so little time, so that means that Mr. Willy T becomes your best friend for the week. Many students wonder how they can better themselves in studying habits, and not putting it off and checking their Twitter feed every five minutes. So what is the trick to studying? Here are some positive and negative study habits that will help make that week feel a little less stressful. READ...

The Cats Are Going For Number Nine!

By Tyler Spanyer
April 15, 2012 - 8:55pm

Fresh off our eighth national title Kentucky fans didn’t take long to wonder, “Repeat?” In a time when programs have to replace players on a yearly basis because of the one-and-done rule this feat becomes seemingly impossible, but we here at Kentucky have one thing no other school in the country has, John Calipari. Calipari has always been known as one of the elite recruiters in the country bringing in the best talent out of every class, and them sending them off to the NBA. This upcoming year is no different as Calipari is bringing in his 4th straight #1 ranked recruiting class thanks to the latest signees. READ MORE

Alpha Omicron Pi & Iota Phi Theta 17th Annual PiAthlon

By Lyndsey Gough
April 4, 2012 - 12:06am

Each spring semester the sisters of Alpha Omicron Pi and the brothers of Iota Phi Theta host their joint philanthropy event called PiAthlon. The money each organization raises from this event will go towards their respective national philanthropies. AOΠ’s money raised will go to arthritis research and Iota’s money raised goes towards the Iota Phi Theta Youth Alliance, which is a program for students in kindergarten through 12th grade to be mentored by the men of Iota with the ultimate goal of helping them get into college. READ MORE

UK vs. IU Game Preview

By Tyler Spanyer
March 23, 2012 - 1:17pm

It was a cold December night and one word rang out over everything else, “UNBELIVEABLE…!!!!” That was ESPN announcer Dick Vitale reacting to Christian Watford’s buzzer-beating 3-pointer that lifted the Indiana Hoosiers to an upset over the then #1 ranked Kentucky Wildcats. Since that moment the Big Blue Nation, along with the rest of the country, has not been given a chance to forget that shot. Between commercials and the never-ending highlight reel that seems to occur after every UK game, the images, sounds and emotions from that night have been running hot in our blood for almost four months. READ MORE