New Restaurant In Town: Pies & Pints

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Pizza places are aplenty here in Lexington, but this past December, we welcomed a new one to town.

Pies & Pints is located downtown in The Square, just a few steps away from the bars that many UK students frequent on weekends here in Lex. This, of course, makes it an ideal Friday or Saturday night dinner/pregame destination.

So, because of the location and the oh-so-enticing name of the restaurant (pizza and beer… honestly, how could you go wrong?), fellow HC writers Kimber, Frankie and I decided Pies & Pints would be the perfect way to begin our Friday night out.

We arrived at the restaurant around 9:30 p.m., and the place was packed. We had a bit of a wait, but that was no worry, due to the glorious bar standing in front of us, stocked with any kind of beer our hearts desired. Happy Kimber. Happy Frankie. Happy Stacey.

We’re off to a good start, here.

If you’re into ciders, Kimber and I ordered Wyder’s Reposado Barrel Aged Pear Cider and oh my. That shit was delicious. Frankie is from New Jersey, but she’s a much better Kentuckian than I am, because she ordered a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and actually enjoyed it.

We stood and sipped on our beers for a few minutes until we were seated.  Our server was friendly from the beginning, and didn’t seem too bothered when it took a solid 20 minutes for us to figure out what we wanted to eat. After much deliberation, we eventually settled on the Margherita Pie.

It took approximately 30 minutes for our pizza to arrive, but when it did, we were not disappointed. The Margherita Pie had fresh mozzarella and basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic and tomato sauce. It didn’t last long.

The prices weren’t the cheapest, but it wasn’t the most expensive, either. The large pizza we ordered was about $21, but with a split check it wasn’t so bad. The beer was about $5-$7 a glass.

Overall, I would suggest Pies & Pints to my fellow collegiettes, especially if you’re looking for a good way to start a night out downtown. It was the perfect start to ours!

Picture Credits:

girlsbeerblog.com

Public Relations student at the University of Kentucky. Some of my favorite things in life are good food, good books, good drinks, and good music. Here at HC, I get to write about that.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).