Kimber Antrobus, Writer for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Kimber Antrobus (yes, without the “ly”)

Age: 22

Year: Senior (for the second time)

Major: Human Communication

Hometown: Falmouth, Ky.

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?

Kimber Antrobus: I am a writer [for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky].

HC: How did you get involved in the club?

KA: Rachel, one of our campus correspondents, announced in one of my classes that there was going to be a re-launch of the magazine, and thank God I was listening that day and was able to find their page on Facebook and inquire about Her Campus.

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club?

KA: My favorite part is the feedback I get from friends and family about the Her Campus articles. Everyone has been so overwhelmingly supportive. It is nice to know that people are on your team. A close second is working with Sam and Rachel. They are not only very helpful and responsive in regard to Her Campus, but more importantly they are both just really, really great girls. I am happy to know them.

HC: And the biggest challenge?

KA: Writing every week! I have 18 hours of class and a full-time job. It has been a really eye opening experience juggling so much at one time. But to that I say, “Welcome to the real world, Kimber” :]

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?

KA: I am a part of the Alumni Association, and try doing to as much as I can within the College of Communications. Just having relationships with the faculty has been a part of my involvement heavily.

HC: What is your dream job?

KA: My dream job is to be a traveling writer. Ideally, I want to be able to write about my life experiences and be able to help people in the process, and an added bonus would be to get paid for it. If you can do what you love while making the world a better place, who can stop you?

HC: What are your hobbies?

KA: My hobbies include writing, in general. Whether it be for myself, by journaling, or by posting to my blog or for Her Campus, writing is my passion and my favorite hobby. But, when I am not writing, I am an avid mall-goer, reader, shoe collector, and binge Netflix watcher.

HC: What advice would you give to new students?

KA: The best advice I would give to new students is to ditch your old life, because college gives you a new one. That may sound harsh, but college gives you a chance to start completely over and truly begin the lifelong journey of becoming who you are. Most importantly, to not worry about knowing who you are, rather know who you’re not and the rest falls into place.

HC: What is your favorite memory at UK so far?

KA: My favorite memory at UK was the 2012 National Championship Basketball game. There is truly something inspiring about being on the same team as all of your peers for that one night. We all wanted the same thing, and we all got to celebrate together as one. I was hugging people I have never seen in my life, and I am not a hugger!

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).