This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

1.     Exfoliate your lips! When you are brushing your teeth, move to your lips. The bristles will take off any dead skin, leaving your lips silky smooth.

2.     Moisturize apply your favorite chap stick to make them extra kissable!

3.     Pick out a lip liner that is slightly darker or the same color as your red lipstick. Apply it on the very edge bordering your lips. To make them appear slightly larger, over line your lips very slightly

4.     Continuing with the same lip liner, color in your lips with the liner to ensure it lasts a long time. Then blend it all in with your finger for a natural look.

5.     Now it is time to apply your perfect shade of red lipstick. If you have fair complexion, try a cherry or cranberry red lip. For medium skin, use an orangey red color and for dark skin, try a bright raspberry.

6.     Apply the lipstick to your lips, all the way covering the border your just made.

7.     Blot with a tissue. To make sure your color stays all night, take a piece of toilet paper and pull it apart so you have a really thin piece. Hold it against your lips then take a translucent face powder and brush it onto the paper. This will leave your lips radiantly red with a matte finish.

8.     Now it is time to clean it all up. Apply concealer with a small lip brush to the out side of your lips and blend it out.

xx, Jackie

Photo Credit:

www.playbuzz.com

Jackie Mangin is a freshman at the University of Kentucky, majoring in Integrated Strategic Communications. 
"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."