How To Avoid Regrets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Many people go through life always saying that they can wait, there will be another chance to do something or say what they are feeling. They think that they have all the time in the world but in reality they don’t. Time goes so much faster than we really think. This mindset of “there will be another time” is something that almost all of us get caught up in. I think that this mindset is one of the reasons why so many people have things that they regret. But, I also think people regret things because of fear of disappointing others. If more people would just act on the things or people they are passionate about, without caring about what other think, many of us would be much happier.

While you are young, don’t let fear get the best of you. We all fear things, maybe its rejection or maybe you are just flat out scared of what you want to do. I promise that going after will be worth it.

Don’t be scared to say what you are feeling. Yes, maybe you wont get the answer that you want, but telling that person how you feel and not having to wonder “what if” is much better than not knowing. It will make you feel way better in the long run.

Always do what you want to do, and not what others expect. Everyone has those people in their life that are going to discourage them from following their dreams because they don’t think they are possible. If you think they are within your reach, then go after them. You only get one chance.

Be who you are, and do not feel bad about it. You get the chance to go away to college and figure out who you are and who you want to be. If you like who you are, don’t change for other people. Loving yourself comes first, so be selfish and do it.

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."