HCUK Campus Cutie: Seth Gadbois

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Seth Gadbois

Age: 20 

Major: Psychology (with a music theory minor)

Hometown: Louisville, Ky.

Height: 5’11”

Relationship status: Single

Favorite Movie: O Brother, Where Art Thou

Favorite Song: “Sunday Morning” – Maroon Five

Favorite Food: Fresh cherry pie with vanilla ice cream on top

Cats or Dogs?: I like them both for different reasons, but I have to go with dogs. Big dogs. They’re naturally energetic, and I love rolling around and playing with them because they’re so happy, and then I’m so happy and it’s just a great time. Hopefully, my cat back home doesn’t see this.

Ideal First Date: Someplace neither one of us has been before, whether that’s a restaurant or some local attraction. It is a little risky trying something completely new like that, but we’d either be able to enjoy the new thing together or be able to bond over how bad it is if it’s awful. We’d have frozen yogurt at the end of the date though, no matter if the new thing was good or bad. The important thing is that we’re able to talk and have a conversation, which we couldn’t do at just a movie, and that there’s opportunity to tell some of my favorite corny jokes, and hopefully some of hers.

Favorite Female Celebrity: Taylor Swift. She has undeniably catchy music, talent, and a great and funny personality in any interview I’ve seen. Plus, she and I share a birthday, so.

Describe Yourself in 5 Words: Knock knock. Who’s there? Me!

Where is one place you would like to visit?: Genoa, Italy. 

What’s the most romantic thing you have done for a girl?: One year, I learned how to knit, and got a few rolls of yarn in a couple of her favorite colors and knitted a blanket for her for Christmas that year. It was quite the process, but it turned out nice I think and it was quite warm.

Biggest fear: Spiders in the shower. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve smushed plenty of spiders and I’m not afraid of them like that, it’s just in the shower, because that’s a bit overboard. 

Who is your role model?: Kurt Vonnegut. He is my favorite author, extremely clever, has me laughing the way that I wish I could make other people laugh, and sees the world in such a unique way that I envy.

If you had one super power what would it be?: Flying, which isn’t original by any means, I know. Still, thinking about being outside and being able to take off from wherever I am and soar around, seeing all kinds of pretty views from above. Also, my commute to school, or anywhere for that matter, would be cut quite short.

If you found a genie and had three wishes, what would they be? My first would be for no one to ever feel completely and entirely alone again, the second would be for there to be plenty of food, so that children and other hungry people don’t starve, and my last would be for Frank Ocean to release his second album, because frankly he said he would by now and I need some more of his music in my life. 

If you were ruler of your own country, what would be the first law you introduced? It would be a law to draw money from areas of federal spending that receive way too much attention and redirect it towards education in order to help the cost of universities and raise the average salary of teachers.

What is one of your favorite quotes? “I’m full, and yet I know if I stop eating this, I’ll regret it.” – Chandler Bing from Friends

How did you feel when I approached you about being a Campus Cutie?: I was curious at first, since I had yet to hear of this, but once it was explained, I was quite flattered to be a part of it.
I am a senior at the University of Kentucky working towards a major in Business and Organizational Communications and a Media Arts and Studies minor. I love scheduling every moment of the day; this includes, but is not limited to, long walks on the beach, horseback riding into the sunset and being a mix of northern sass with southern class.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).