To the Girls Who Are Not Afraid to Be Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Dear girl who is not afraid to be alone,

You are the girl who forgets to ask for help. You are the girl who doesn’t always get it right on the first try. You are the girl who is hard to love. You are the girl who has few close relationships. You are the girl who is terrified of not being loved back. You are the girl who thinks too much. You are the girl who is trying to figure out who she is. You are the girl who wishes she could say how she feels. You are the girl who wants more than she needs. You are the girl who is stubborn, even when she has no reason to be. You are the girl who will put up a fight just to see who will stay. You are the girl who will build her walls so high only the diligent can get to the top.

But more importantly…

You are the girl who finds her own way. You are the girl who falls seven times, but stands up eight. You are the girl who knows what she doesn’t want. You are the girl who walks confidently in her own shoes. You are the girl who truly cares about people. You are the girl who doesn’t take the easy way out. You are the girl who faces adversity with a strong hand. You are the girl who fights for what is right even in the eyes of scrutiny. You are the girl who listens more than she speaks. You are the girl who conquers her dreams, even if it is the road less traveled by. You are the girl who follows her heart, although it may be against popular choice.

You are the girl who notices. You are the girl who laughs in the face of doubt. You are the girl who looks fear in the eye, and then jumps anyway. You are the girl who gives more than she gets. You are the girl who changes the lives of those around her. You are the girl who makes the world a better place.

And, when the rest of the world is begging for codependency, you are the girl who is not afraid to be alone.

Just a small town girl trying to be worth knowing in this world. They say do what you love, so I'm doing that as a writer for HC.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).