Faith, Friends and Family: Jesse Matherly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.
Name: Jesse Matherly
Age: 20 
Major: Agricultural Biotechnology (Pre-med)
Hometown: Nicholasville, Ky.
Height: 5’10”
Relationship status: Happily taken

Favorite Movie: When Harry Met Sally

Favorite Song: “Comfortably Numb” – Pink Floyd

Favorite Food: Most anything Chinese.

Cats or Dogs? Cats. Definitely cats.

Ideal First Date: Wandering the streets of an old European city together, followed by conversation over dinner at the nicest hole-in-the-wall restaurant we can find. Plus gelato.

Favorite Female Celebrity: Taylor Swift

Describe Yourself in 5 Words: Genuine, Outgoing, Loyal, Dedicated, Christian.

Where is one place you would like to visit? Dublin, Ireland

What’s the most romantic thing you have done for a girl? Walked my girlfriend into the chapel where my fraternity brothers were waiting for a little ceremony I set up to lavalier her on our 4-year anniversary.

Biggest fear: Disappointing people.

Who is your role model? My parents. 

If you had one super power what would it be? Telekinesis would be pretty sweet.

If you found a genie and had three wishes, what would they be? 1) Happy, successful marriage and family. 2) A successful career practicing medicine. 3) Roasting summer weather all the time.

If you were ruler of your own country, what would be the first law you introduced? Every person is required to take some form of art or a creativity class.

What is one of your favorite quotes? “I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil – this is the gift of God.” Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

How did you feel when I approached you about being a Campus Cutie? I was just really excited and humbled.
I am a senior at the University of Kentucky working towards a major in Business and Organizational Communications and a Media Arts and Studies minor. I love scheduling every moment of the day; this includes, but is not limited to, long walks on the beach, horseback riding into the sunset and being a mix of northern sass with southern class.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).