Do I Love Him? Do I Love Him Not?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

A few weeks ago I had one of my friends ask me when the right time to tell someone how you feel about them is. And honestly, at that moment, I wasn’t really sure what to tell her. But, it really got me thinking because telling someone how you feel about him or her is a big step in a relationship. It`s not something that should be taken lightly.

One day, you are going to meet someone who turns your whole world upside down. They are going to make you feel things that you never expected to feel and do things you never expected to do, and it might scare you. It might make you question everything else you have ever experienced with another person. But, that’s a good thing. That means that there is something different with that person. There`s something there that makes you want to stay.

One of my all time favorite TV shows, One Tree Hill, brings to life some really great advice,

“I think we waste our words and our moments, and we don’t take the time to say the things that are in our hearts when we have the chance.”

I think that this quote perfectly sums up my opinion of when you should tell someone how you feel. We waste the time and moments we have with people we are close with because we think that there will be more. So we wait instead of telling them how we feel. Telling someone how you feel is always better than keeping your feelings to yourself. You never know when the time or moments you have with them will be up.

If you want someone, tell them. If you have feelings for someone, tell them. If you love someone, tell them. There is never a better time than the present. Life is too short to waste the time we are given. You have to go after what you want because if you don’t, you might never get a second chance. It might scare you more than anything you have ever done, but saying it might get you everything you have ever wanted.

So, take your chance while you have it.

Maybe it could lead you to your happily ever after.

Photo Credit:

http://theberry.com/2012/09/24/morning-coffee-39-photos-266/

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."