Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UK Celebrities

Lyndsey Gough, intern for Rupp TV

By Rachel Eberhart, Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 12:05pm

Here at the University of Kentucky: we have a tradition. We win. Pretty simple, right? Just take a look at our eight national championship titles. Or the track record of 21-year-old journalism
broadcast senior, Lyndsey Gough. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Christie Horan

By Rachel Lolli
February 9, 2013 - 2:30pm

Christie Horan is no ordinary Marketing and Integrated Strategic Communications double major. Between putting projects together and cramming for tests, she also makes time for one little extracurricular activity: the University of Kentucky Dance Team. Horan says she’s always liked to dance but here she talks about what it’s like to be a part of something bigger than herself. When did you start dancing and how did you get involved? Probably before I could even walk! I was in my first dance class when I was three. My mom enrolled me in a “Mommy and me” dance class and I’ve been dancing ever since! How long have you been on the dance team? READ MORE

Kati Fisher

By Rachael Gilley
November 26, 2012 - 12:04am

Name: Kati Fisher Year: Freshman Major: ISC Minor: History What is your position at Smart Girls? I am the University of Kentucky Smart Girls Campus Representative. I heard about Smart Girls on a blog that I follow. There was a link talking about the positive impact Emily Raleigh, the founder, was making because she formed an online community called The Smart Girls Group. After reading their mission, I knew it was something I had to be involved in. As someone who believes that women can do everything men can, and wanting women to break the stereotype of a woman, the mission spoke to me. READ MORE

UK is Abuzz About DanceBlue

By Lauren Conrad
March 2, 2012 - 6:55pm

Usually a 24-hour dance marathon, this year's DanceBlue has been shortened to 12-hours on Saturday, March 3 because of the severe weather in Lexington today.  DanceBlue is a year-long student-run fundraising effort. Started over five years ago, the initiative has raised over $2 million for the UK Pediatric Oncology Clinic and Markey Cancer Center.  DanceBlue registration will begin at 7 a.m. and the marathon will run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 
Registration and the marathon are at Memorial Coliseum.  READ MORE

Meet UK Campus Zaarly.com CEO April Leake

By Lauren Conrad
February 21, 2012 - 6:41pm

Name: April Leake

Graduation Year: May 2013
Major: Integrated Strategic Communications & Public Relations
Minor: Linguistics

You’re the Campus CEO for the UK Zaarly.com account. How did you get the position??
READ MORE

Meet Greek Sing External Chair Kelsey Oliver!!

By Rachel Lolli
February 10, 2012 - 11:59pm

Name: Kelsey Oliver
Graduation Year: 2013
Chi Omega Greek Sing Chair

Why did you decide to become Greek Sing Chair for Chi Omega sorority?
I was elected by my sorority to be the Greek Sing Chair for the 2012 year. My official position is External Chair and my Co-Partner Stefanie Hadley is Intern Chair. I am in charge of the fraternities and sororities as well as the day of the event. Stefanie is in charge of Chi O fundraising as well as all of our financials.
  READ MORE

Campus Celebrity Desirae Duncan

By Rachel Lolli
February 3, 2012 - 2:36pm

READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Cody Oakes, RA

By Aryn Nordhoff
December 14, 2011 - 1:07pm

Name: Cody Oakes
Graduation Year: May 2014
Major: Natural Resources and Environmental Science

So you are a resident advisor at UK, how is it?I love being an RA! I think it is a really good fit for me! I love having a positive impact on people's lives. What do you do as an RA? The main responsibilities of being an RA are: READ MORE

Meet UK's Former Wildcat Mascot Ross Turner

By Aryn Nordhoff
December 9, 2011 - 11:12am

Name: Ross Turner
Graduation Year: 2014
Major: Pharmacology
Future Plans: Make babies, make money, take over the world.

So you were the UK mascot? Which one: Wildcat or Scratch? For the last four years I had the honor to rock the cat suit as “The Wildcat.” It was slightly amazing, and when I say slightly, I really mean incredible.
  READ MORE

Introducing Mr. UK Freshman: Daniel Wheeler!

By Aryn Nordhoff
November 27, 2011 - 6:47pm

Relationship Status: Single Organizations you are involved in? ATΩ and DanceBlue What are some of your interests or hobbies? Spending time with family and friends, running, football, basketball, hunting, a day at Keeneland or Churchill Downs with a beautiful lady and just about anything else imaginable. READ MORE