Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UK Celebrities

Rachel Eberhart, Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

By Sam Rogers
October 31, 2014 - 4:52pm

Name: Rachel Eberhart
Age: 20
Year: Junior
Major: Business and Organizational Communications
Hometown: Bowling Green, Ky. Her Campus: What is your position on campus?
Rachel Eberhart: Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UK. I handle all marketing, public relations, and co-edit social media our chapter. READ MORE

Sam Rogers, Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

By Sam Rogers
October 25, 2014 - 11:58pm

Hi, everyone! My name is Sam, and I'm one of the campus correspondents for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky!! Because we re-launched our chapter here at UK this semester, we thought it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves to you all. For the next few weeks, we'll be publishing a special series of "Campus Celebrity," each week featuring a different member of our staff. Get to know us, and send in your nominations; we want to get to know you, too! So, first things first, I'm the realest! READ MORE

Zoe Pittman, Director of Traditions for the Student Activities Board

By Sam Rogers
October 19, 2014 - 12:01am

Homecoming at the University of Kentucky is an week of events students, staff and alumni look forward to every year. As the director of traditions for the Student Activities Board, Zoe Pittman is committed to making sure 2014 is the best yet. Her Campus: What's your major?
Zoe Pittman: Interior Design, with a minor in Business Management and Digital Media. HC: Where are you from?
Z: Atlanta, Ga. READ MORE

We're On the Lookout for Our Next Campus Celebrity!

By Sam Rogers
October 12, 2014 - 12:46am

Attention UK collegiettes! Do you have a friend who's successful, talented or all-around amazing? We want HER to be our next Campus Celebrity! Send us her name and contact information, and she could be featured in next week's online issue! We can't wait to hear from you!! HCXO, Her Campus at the University of Kentucky READ MORE

Taylor Clements, editor of KRNL

By Sam Rogers
September 26, 2014 - 5:00pm

When we’re little, we all know what we want to be when we grow up, whether it’s an actress or an astronaut. Maybe even president of the U.S. But, Taylor Clements, a journalism major at UK with minors in French and dance, dreamed of fashion and working for ELLE magazine. “I used to tear out all the ads and stories I loved and tape them all over my walls. My room was pretty embarrassing,” she says. “Now, I just collect the magazines, so I have a stack about seven feet tall in my room.” READ MORE

Lyndsey Gough, intern for Rupp TV

By Rachel Eberhart, Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 12:05pm

Here at the University of Kentucky: we have a tradition. We win. Pretty simple, right? Just take a look at our eight national championship titles. Or the track record of 21-year-old journalism
broadcast senior, Lyndsey Gough. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Christie Horan

By Rachel Lolli
February 9, 2013 - 2:30pm

Christie Horan is no ordinary Marketing and Integrated Strategic Communications double major. Between putting projects together and cramming for tests, she also makes time for one little extracurricular activity: the University of Kentucky Dance Team. Horan says she’s always liked to dance but here she talks about what it’s like to be a part of something bigger than herself. When did you start dancing and how did you get involved? Probably before I could even walk! I was in my first dance class when I was three. My mom enrolled me in a “Mommy and me” dance class and I’ve been dancing ever since! How long have you been on the dance team? READ MORE

Kati Fisher

By Rachael Gilley
November 26, 2012 - 12:04am

Name: Kati Fisher Year: Freshman Major: ISC Minor: History What is your position at Smart Girls? I am the University of Kentucky Smart Girls Campus Representative. I heard about Smart Girls on a blog that I follow. There was a link talking about the positive impact Emily Raleigh, the founder, was making because she formed an online community called The Smart Girls Group. After reading their mission, I knew it was something I had to be involved in. As someone who believes that women can do everything men can, and wanting women to break the stereotype of a woman, the mission spoke to me. READ MORE

UK is Abuzz About DanceBlue

By Lauren Conrad
March 2, 2012 - 6:55pm

Usually a 24-hour dance marathon, this year's DanceBlue has been shortened to 12-hours on Saturday, March 3 because of the severe weather in Lexington today.  DanceBlue is a year-long student-run fundraising effort. Started over five years ago, the initiative has raised over $2 million for the UK Pediatric Oncology Clinic and Markey Cancer Center.  DanceBlue registration will begin at 7 a.m. and the marathon will run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 
Registration and the marathon are at Memorial Coliseum.  READ MORE

Meet UK Campus Zaarly.com CEO April Leake

By Lauren Conrad
February 21, 2012 - 6:41pm

Name: April Leake

Graduation Year: May 2013
Major: Integrated Strategic Communications & Public Relations
Minor: Linguistics

You’re the Campus CEO for the UK Zaarly.com account. How did you get the position??
READ MORE