Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UK Blog

To Stay or Not to Stay: Sam Smith's New Single

By neal.m.querio
October 15, 2014 - 4:00pm

When listening to Sam Smith’s song "Stay With Me," one is torn between weeping for days at his loneliness or scoffing at his desperation to make a one-night stand stay the night. His song speaks to the "hookup culture," something many of us have experienced. Smith points out that it's not the best decision, because you’re still going to be lonely in the morning, even if they do stay the night. READ MORE

Reasons Why Leggings ARE Pants

By Kimber.antrobus
October 11, 2014 - 10:55pm

Ladies, I think we all can agree that leggings are really pants. If you don’t agree, well then, here are my condolences. And, for all those non-believers out there, I'm here to persuade you once and for all the true calling of your wardrobe's leggings. If by the end of this article, you're still not convinced, you either really hate me or you’re a rebel without a cause (in which case, go get ‘em tiger). 1. COMFORT. READ MORE

Turn It Off: Taylor Swift's New Single

By neal.m.querio
October 3, 2014 - 3:00pm

By now, a majority of radio listeners know what song's coming up when they hear, "I stay out too late..." It's the opening lyrics to Taylor Swift’s latest attempt at pop music. I say "latest," while many other reviews call it her first pop venture (despite the fact that her previous two albums, Red and Speak Now had no traces of country music, aside from the popular song "Mean") as there the song doesn't include a banjo. READ MORE

Feminism: College Edition

By Sam Rogers
September 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

Chances are, you’ve probably seen this trending hashtag at least a dozen times on your Twitter feed. It’s been on the news, with media coverage by every major news network around the world. More than 2.3 million tweets and counting have also gone out over the past month with this hashtag, according to Topsy.com. I’m sure you’ve guessed by now, but what does #YesAllWomen have to do with us college students? The answer? Everything. READ MORE

The Swoosh in Your Style: Is it a Bad Thing?

By Rachel Eberhart
September 16, 2014 - 2:00pm

READ MORE

You Might Be a UK Student If...

By Aryn Nordhoff
November 25, 2012 - 11:58pm

You might be a UK student if...

While shopping for furniture, you imagine which couch would look best burning on State St.
Either a goodwill couch or one from La-Z-Boy, we've all imagined how awesome it would be to set flames to our couches... Especially in honor of winning a 9th NCAA basketball championship with our closest +500 friends.

The only date you've been on lately are with a handsome man named Willy T.
Because even during finals, he is there for you.. All hours of the night and day. Also, Willy has free wifi, plenty of food and drinks in the basement, plus his own Starbucks.

You've tailgated for football games, but haven't made it to the actual game. ...

Breast Cancer Awareness at UK

By Aryn Nordhoff
October 27, 2012 - 6:55pm

October is the Breast Cancer Awareness month nationwide. Almost all universities around the US try to put in their part to help raise awareness. Why? Because they know that out of their hundreds or thousands of students, many have grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters or friends that have had, have, or will have breast cancer. We all can hope that these loved ones are survivors. Here at UK, students have been baring the signature pink ribbon to show their support towards breast cancer. Students on and off campus have been seen wearing the infamous ribbon on flip flops, t-shirts, buttons, and much more. Shops on campus have been advertising and selling Susan G. Komen items, where proceeds are donated. READ...

Wildcat Homecoming 2012

By Lyndsey Gough
October 14, 2012 - 5:02pm

Homecoming is right around the corner for UK. If you are looking to get involved on campus, or just want something to do next week, homecoming is the perfect chance. The theme for this years homecoming is “The Blueprint: Building on Tradition”. The Wildcat Cup will be awarded to the on campus organization with the most participation in the activities, so if you’re Greek or in any other club or organization be sure and score some points towards your group and help raise some school spirit! Saturday, October 13 Paint the Town Blue begins at 8 AM (ends Monday at 8 AM, windows remain decorated through Sunday, October 21). Windows on campus and around local businesses will be painted by UK student organizations to show school spirit....

UK Tailgaiting Bans: Good For Students or Hindering Team Spirit?

By Rachel Lolli
September 28, 2012 - 5:21pm

“My life is over.” This is the very first thing I said to my friend Katherine when I found out about the new tailgating regulations set by President Eli Capilouto. While this might seem a tad bit dramatic now, that’s literally how I felt the first few hours following the shock. A Kentucky tradition had just been ripped apart, eliminated faster than the first few to leave on the Bachelorette. READ MORE

Scraping Pennies or Rolling In The Dough?

By Rachel Lolli
September 21, 2012 - 10:18am

I’ve always wanted to be the kind of person who was good at saving money. Sometimes I even tricked myself into thinking that I was. I, however, am not really that clever. I know I’m terrible at it and I’m not sure when or where the trouble started. It seems as if I’ve only been bad at saving money since I arrived at college and my mindset was that everyone in college is poor. While everyone might be low on cash because of the high cost of college, it’s obvious that no two situations are alike. READ MORE