Bing-Worthy Netflix Shows for Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Winter break is finally here! We have all worked so hard to get here and now that finals are officially done and over, it is now time to sit back and relax with a hot chocolate, fuzzy socks and Netflix. I have compiled a list of shows that are worthy of binge watching during the break that will keep you distracted from eating every Christmas Tree Cake in the house.

• Riverdale

A personal favorite of mine, this show is mysterious and engaging. It follows a group of high school students out to solve a murder mystery of a fellow classmate. While it is about high school students, it is not cliché in any form. It is new and something I have never seen anywhere else. It may be only season one, but I highly recommend!

• Once Upon a Time

I just started this show about a month ago and I am already on season five! It includes all of your favorite stories from your childhood including Snow white, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen and so many more with a twist this time: the characters are all in our world now. It is an extremely captivating show where you get to see more than what your storybooks told you.

• Sherlock

With only three to five episodes over the course of four reasons, this is an incredibly short show but the episodes are top notch quality. They are about an hour and half long each though so you get what you came for. It follows a modern age Sherlock Holmes and his partner John Watson in solving crimes. It is quirky, funny, and a modern twist on a classic series of novels.

• The Crown

Obsessed with the royal family like every other American and do not really know why? Watch this drama-filled series to watch how Queen Elizabeth took on the thrown. You will learn so much from this show and you will probably become really invested in the characters. Good thing too, because it is all factual and some people on the show are still alive today!

• House of Cards

If you have not guessed it yet, my favorite genre is drama, and this Netflix original is beyond that. Imagine ABC’s Scandal, but with more of a political aspect. Kevin Spacey stars and demonstrates just how crooked politicians can be and the lengths they’ll go to gain power and respect.  

Thumbnail Photo By Charles Deluvio 

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.