This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

With the Final Four and National Championship around the corner, it’s time to make libations for our celebrations!

For all of you Big Blue Mixologists out there, here are some Kentucky Blue-themed drink recipes to get all of you (21+) pumped for our team and our soon-to-be perfect season.

Go CATS!

The Reload – Lemonade with a BBN twist 

What you’ll need:

¾ oz. vodka

¾ oz. Blue Curacao

1 oz. sour mix

Sprite

Directions:

Mix the vodka, Curacao and sour mix over ice. Fill the rest of your cup with Sprite. And, voilà! A blue lemonade that would make Devin Booker proud. 

Harrison Hooch – Put this in your mason jar for the purr-fect Caturday.

What you’ll need:

2 oz. Hypnotiq

1 oz. coconut rum

A splash pineapple juice

Directions:

Mix ingredients into a shaker and shake into your cup. Boom.  

Big Blue Jell-O Shots – Blue Raspberry Jell-O shots are sure to make your game day a win.

What you’ll need:

3 oz. package of Berry Blue Jell-O

1 cup boiling water

1 cup Raspberry Pucker (or other raspberry liqueur)

Directions: Mix the Jell-O and the boiling water together. Add liqueur. Pour the mix into individual molds (shot glasses, Dixie cups, etc). Refrigerate until the Jell-O takes shape. This should take a minimum of two hours, but it’s recommended to let them set overnight. 

Two Platoon Punch – This actually isn’t punch; it’s sangria. Having a game day party? A big batch of this is sure to be a success.

What you’ll need:

1 bottle dry white wine (pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, etc.)

½ cup Blue Curacao

½ cup lemon juice

½ cup simple syrup (or 1 part sugar, 1 part water)

2 oranges

1 cup pineapple chunks

Sprite

Directions:

Mix all ingredients (except for the Sprite) in a bowl and stir. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. Pour into a chic glass and top off with sprite, as needed.  

Photo credits:

galleryhip.com

Jersey girl who loves cats, a good book, and most importantly- the University of Kentucky.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).