Being Single In College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Being single in college isn’t the worst thing in the world – it’s actually awesome. You can do whatever you want and hang out with whoever. You aren’t tied down to someone and can talk to whoever you want. Don’t get me wrong, relationships are awesome and it’s nice having someone always there for you, but this is for the girls who don’t have someone.

Not being tied down to someone is so freeing and fun, you can literally do whatever you want with whomever, no judgment here. You only have to worry about yourself, which is a huge plus.

As college students, we are pretty much all broke, and being single can help out our bank accounts because we don’t have to spend money on someone else, we can go shopping for ourselves whenever we want.

You can have fun and be flirty as much as you want, you can hit up all the frat parties and not have to think about what boyfriend is doing or thinking. You don’t have to explain your actions to anyone – do whatever you want and make sure to have fun doing so.

If you’re too lazy to shave, it’s ok, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. You also don’t have to look cute and do your makeup all the time. You can wear your hair in a bun every day if you want. You can also watch Netflix all day and not worry about hanging out with him, and you get the whole bed and all the blankets to yourself!!

This list can go on and on but these are just some of the few reasons why being single in college is fun. Don’t stress out about being single just because everyone else is dating someone, because I bet at times they wish they could have the freedom that you have. 

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."