Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UK Archives

Back-To-School

By Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 4:00pm

Abby Martin, a sophomore at the University of Kentucky, is wearing white jean capris, and a fun, flirty, polka dot top. This outfit is both casual and easy, and perfect for your first day of class! READ MORE

The Swoosh in Your Style: Is it a Bad Thing?

By Rachel Eberhart
September 16, 2014 - 2:00pm

READ MORE

Lyndsey Gough, intern for Rupp TV

By Rachel Eberhart, Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 12:05pm

Here at the University of Kentucky: we have a tradition. We win. Pretty simple, right? Just take a look at our eight national championship titles. Or the track record of 21-year-old journalism
broadcast senior, Lyndsey Gough. READ MORE

Bend It Like Laird (Justin Laird, that is)

By Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Jessica’s Declassified Freshman Survival Guide: UK edition

By Jessica Shelton
September 16, 2014 - 10:00am

READ MORE

Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt

By Sam Rogers
September 16, 2014 - 10:00am

Kentucky Wildcats play the Vanderbilt Commodores at home! READ MORE

HC UK re-launches September 16!

By UK Contributor
September 5, 2014 - 11:51am

READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Christie Horan

By Rachel Lolli
February 9, 2013 - 2:30pm

Christie Horan is no ordinary Marketing and Integrated Strategic Communications double major. Between putting projects together and cramming for tests, she also makes time for one little extracurricular activity: the University of Kentucky Dance Team. Horan says she’s always liked to dance but here she talks about what it’s like to be a part of something bigger than herself. When did you start dancing and how did you get involved? Probably before I could even walk! I was in my first dance class when I was three. My mom enrolled me in a “Mommy and me” dance class and I’ve been dancing ever since! How long have you been on the dance team? READ MORE

Kati Fisher

By Rachael Gilley
November 26, 2012 - 12:04am

Name: Kati Fisher Year: Freshman Major: ISC Minor: History What is your position at Smart Girls? I am the University of Kentucky Smart Girls Campus Representative. I heard about Smart Girls on a blog that I follow. There was a link talking about the positive impact Emily Raleigh, the founder, was making because she formed an online community called The Smart Girls Group. After reading their mission, I knew it was something I had to be involved in. As someone who believes that women can do everything men can, and wanting women to break the stereotype of a woman, the mission spoke to me. READ MORE

You Might Be a UK Student If...

By Aryn Nordhoff
November 25, 2012 - 11:58pm

You might be a UK student if...

While shopping for furniture, you imagine which couch would look best burning on State St.
Either a goodwill couch or one from La-Z-Boy, we've all imagined how awesome it would be to set flames to our couches... Especially in honor of winning a 9th NCAA basketball championship with our closest +500 friends.

The only date you've been on lately are with a handsome man named Willy T.
Because even during finals, he is there for you.. All hours of the night and day. Also, Willy has free wifi, plenty of food and drinks in the basement, plus his own Starbucks.

You've tailgated for football games, but haven't made it to the actual game. ...