6 Amazing Ways To Celebrate Your Party of One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Recently, I’ve truly been enjoying my single life. I’ve pretty much been single, but for some reason I feel even more single because there’s no one person I’m spending quality time with.

Here’s a list of things that I enjoy doing while happily (and proudly) owning my “I’m single” status.

1.     Plan your weekend nights to stay in bed eating all your favorite sugary and salty snacks. Last Friday night, I literally got off of work and went straight to Kroger to pick up all my favorite goodies: hot fries, ice cream (2 tubs), goldfish – the snack that smiles back – and coca cola. And I enjoyed eating every last thing, in my bed watching reality TV, feeling not one ounce of guilt.

2.     But also plan to go out and “work work work work work work” with your girls. Saturday night my girlfriends and I attended a total of 5 house parties. It was a successful night indeed. We party hopped and dance all night!

3.     Watch Love And Hip Hop (Or some other over-dramatized reality TV show). I have a slight obsession with this show on VH1. But for good reasons, it always reminds me of why being single is so much easier than trying to keep tabs on the guy who supposedly “loves” you. The men on there are pretty much all creeps and the women are…..gullible. So I get a kick out of validating that men aren’t $h!%.

4.     Pamper Yourself. I light my 3-wick candles and run a bubble bath. I also do a face mask and enjoy a glass of wine! Whatever your thing is, do that!

5.     Flirt unapologetically. This is the time to flirt with who you want when you want. Sometimes I even flirt with people that I’m not necessarily interested in. There’s just some kind of thrill I get in knowing I have someone’s attention. I always walk away feeling empowered. As if all eyes are on me!  

6.     Not having to answer to someone. In a relationship, what you’re doing affects them so you always have to consider what they like and what they don’t like. Too much they they they. What about you!!! Do you boo boo, do you! Because you can and you want to so you will. Simple.

I seriously get so excited to do all these activities after a long week of work! 

Photo Credits:

www.hippodromecasino.com

www.reddit.com

My name is Sydney E. Baker, but mostly people call me Slim. As a junior at the University of Kentucky, I am pursuing a B.A in Integrated Strategic Communication (a mouthful I know but I wouldn't have it any other way). During my studies, I am focused on building my professional self - which basically means staying so busy that I hardly get a wink of sleep. I previously served as the Campus Correspondent for the UK chapter of Her Campus and before that I was only a writer. To know more about me visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/sydneyebaker. 
"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."