The 25 Thoughts You Have While on Tinder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

We all have a Tinder account. Yes, all of us. And, if you don’t, you’re either lying or living under a rock. For those of us on Tinder, we can be categorized into two groups of people. The first is the group of guys and girls who actually want to meet someone new. Get to know someone, and maybe even go on a date? The second (and more entertaining) group embraces the app as a way to meet one-night stands. You know, the ones that send you the corniest pickup lines: “Can I call you ‘eyebrows?’ Cause these eyes be browsing you.” We here at Her Campus conducted a social experiment using Tinder, and what we found is pretty obvious – your first impression is everything. It affects whether you swipe left or right. So, what are the most common first impressions? Read below for the 25 thoughts you have while scrolling through Tinder!

1. No, there are new people around me.

2. Ew.

3. STAHHHHP

4. Oh, hey, you bearded man.

5. Why is that your first picture?

6. Wait. Is he cute because of the dog?

7. Yes. Only the dog is cute.

8. MURICA

9. That’s a nice suit.

10. Baby. Maybe he just likes kids.

11. IT’S HIS CHILD. LEFTLEFTLEFT

12. Which one are you?

13. I ACCIDENTLY SWIPED RIGHT. NOOOOOOO!

14. WE MATCHED

15. Does this mean I’ve hit rock bottom?

16. Mirror selfie. Really?

17. Can’t. That’s my brother’s name.

18. Ohhh, I actually know him…

19. Really?

20. That girl is hotter than me.

21. No, you don’t get pics.

22. He’s acceptable

23. Why am I still doing this?

24. WAIT WE MATCHED

25. You look 42. #ByeFelicia.

I am a senior at the University of Kentucky working towards a major in Business and Organizational Communications and a Media Arts and Studies minor. I love scheduling every moment of the day; this includes, but is not limited to, long walks on the beach, horseback riding into the sunset and being a mix of northern sass with southern class.
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).