10 Pros Of Being A Vegetarian At Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Being a vegetarian has its ups and downs.

So, when it comes to Thanksgiving, you could imagine the rollercoaster of emotions your tongue is feeling. And mind, heart and everything in between.

As difficult as it may or may not be, Turkey Day is still a blessing for those not partaking in the turkey part.

1. “No thanks, no turkey for me” on repeat. But, hey, you know you’re doing some good for animals and your body.

2. Sides are your best friend.

3. ROLLS ON ROLLS ON ROLLS *cue the halleluiah chorus*

4. Every Thanksgiving is a great excuse to try some new alternative recipes?

5. Relatives give you weird looks when they see your plate full of nothing, but side dishes. And, you could care less, because SIDE DISHES!!!

6. Bacon or ham in the green beans? Turkey stuffing? Greattttttt.

7. By not eating any meat, you save more room for dessert. YASSSSS.

8. You also get to drink more wine, which is just awesome.

9. Everyone thinks you’re so cool and healthier for not eating meat, but really you probably have completely different reasons for being a vegetarian. But, hey, I’ll take it?

10. And, lastly, you feel better about yourself and know you’re doing you, which makes you happy, and that’s all that matters.

Picture credits:

www.pbs.org

www.skinnymoose.com

mrchickencater.com

www.cookingclassy.com

ohmyveggies.com

presentationvoice.com

www.nueskes.com

www.dianasdesserts.com

d1wvharlsiyzfl.cloudfront.net

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com

www.quickmeme.com

Lover of the CATS and Law and Order SVU
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).