“You’re the Chef”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

For those of us who watch the Food Network, whether it be for learning recipes or cooking techniques, or for watching our favorite competitors face off in talent competitions in all varieties of food, we know the talent and fun that comes with the culinary arts. And although we all know that being a good chef isn’t easy, it is possible that we will become great with tons of practice. After all, practice makes perfect. And sometimes this practice simply comes from watching others demonstrate their talent or knowledge of mixed ingredients and flavors.

Instead of backing up your Netflix account or enrolling in expensive cooking classes, why not just travel down to the …… cafeteria?

That’s right; the East Side Cafeteria in Student Center East is hosting the “Fourth Annual Cooking Competition” right here at UIC! Students can learn to cook, watch the pre-selected teams attempt to create wonderful combinations (aided by the Dining Services professionals, no worries), all while getting to taste-test the work!

Time: 4:30 – 6:30 P.M.
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Location: East Side Cafeteria

For more information, or to watch the past year’s events, visit
http://www.facebook.com/YoureTheChefatUIC.   Taste your way to culinary greatness!