This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Spring Break is behind us which means we only have a few weeks of school left. We know the last few weeks can feel like the longest ones of the semester. You’re going to need a good amount of energy to finish the semester strong, that’s why we’re sharing with you some of UIC’s best coffee shops.

1. Rebecca Port Center Cafe

Located on the first floor of University Hall, the Port Center Cafe is our top pick for a coffee pit stop. It’s large glass windows provide for a warm and sunny atmosphere, which anyone can appreciate with winter still lingering in Chicago. There are tables both on the first floor as well as comfy arm chairs and booths on the second floor. Soft music and friendly service are extra perks.

Our recommendation for anyone who has a sweet tooth is the ‘Zubbe’, a white chocolate, caramel, and vanilla flavor latte that will run you $3.89 for a small (little) and $4.89 for a large (big), but is well worth the splurge.

The Port Center Cafe also has specials every day. Discounts on their espresso drinks include: Mocha Monday, Turtle Tuesday, White Mocha Wednesday, Chai Thursday, and Flavored Latte Friday. In addition, you can receive a punch card so that, when you buy nine drinks, you get the tenth free (any kind/size). A wide range of food options are also available.

Make sure to check the Port Center’s Facebook page for additional exclusive deals!

2. Dunkin’ Donuts

For a coffee on a smaller budget, you can’t go wrong with Dunkin Donuts. With many flavor options and a convenient location on the second floor of Student Center East (right at the top of the escalators), Dunkin Donuts is the perfect stop for coffee and some food.

If you are in a rush we would not recommend you go in the mornings since lines can get pretty long.  Flavor options include; french vanilla, caramel, mocha, and hazelnut. You can get these coffees hot, iced, or frozen. The cost for these is approximately two to three dollars depending on what you get. Dunkin Donuts also offers various breakfast options including donuts, muffins, breakfast sandwiches, and chicken salad bagels for lunch.

Plus, Dunkin Donuts is open early and stays open late: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. Mondays through Friday.

3. Cafe Descartes

While in SCE, there is another option for coffee products. Right outside the bookstore, Cafe Descartes is perfect for a quick coffee on the way to class. There aren’t many food options but you can grab a muffin or piece of fruit along with your coffee. A small is $1.59.

If the line is too long at Dunkin Donuts, this might be a better option. They also offer flavored lattes as well as a flavored, decaffeinated drink. 

4. The Daley Grind

Studying for a test? Working on a project? The Daley Grind is conveniently located on the first floor of the library for all of your caffeine needs while studying. Brewing Starbucks Coffee, it offers some of the regular Starbucks drinks as well an assortment of espresso drinks. A flavored latte costs $3.25 and there are plenty of a la carte food options available. 

The Daily Grind also offers a ‘go green’ coffee refill for $1.09.

5. Au Bon Pain

The newest addition to the Behavioral Science Building is Au Bon Pain, located near the Vernon Park entrance on the first floor, in the BSB Cafeteria. Serving healthy food options, you can also get a cup of coffee for $1.59. Some flavor options include morning blend, hazelnut, and french roast. You can buy any breakfast sandwich and add a coffee for just $0.99! Make sure to get your coffee before getting lost in BSB. 

No matter what your coffee or flavor preference is, grab a cup to keep yourself buzzing during study hours. Cheers to finishing the semester strongly with the help of coffee!

Campus: University of Illinois at Chicago Major: English with a concentration in Media, Rhetorical and Cultural Studies Minor: Germanic Studies Status: Senior Jennifer is a born and raised Chicago girl passionate about her studies. She loves to help people all that she can and contribute to the betterment of others. Used to being on the go, Jennifer is enthusiastic about obtaining her degree and learning many different things along the way. She is interested in music, movies, reading, volunteering, and is a major Blackhawks fan. Her dream is obtain her degree and work with writing in a fashion that will reach out to people.
Campus: University of Illinois at Chicago Major: English with a concentration in Media, Rhetorical and Cultural Studies Minor: Psychology, Sociology Melissa is born and raised in Chicago. She started out at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign before coming to UIC.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.