jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

T-2 (Trendy and Transitional Boots for the Fall)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.
  1. L. L. Bean Boots // Bean Boots
  • The bean boots are a great pair of boots to own this fall. Many people scoff at them because of how they look, but these boots actually go with just about any casual outfit. They come in four different styles: The Mocassin, The Gum Shoe, The 6-inch, and The 8-inch. These are the perfect boots for those days when you are out and about because they are insulated (so your feet will be warm and toasty) and even for those chilly days on campus. I also recommend these as a great transitional pair of boots for the winter. These are perfect when dealing with the snow because of the insulation. They are built for winter conditions so you never have to worry about if the water and sleet will damage your boots. Dealing with Chicago weather you never know what happens so these are the “I’m ready for ANYTHING pair of boots!” You can find these for sale online at L.L Bean!

By the way, you can always make your boyfriend get a pair with you!

2. Hunter Boots // Wellies

• Hunter boots usually make their debut in the Spring-time in an array of colors for spring showers. But who says you have to put those boots away? These boots are comfortable, roomy (depending on what you select), and stylish no matter what season it is. They come in tall and short lengths, which both are completely useful for personal style. I recommend you buy your boots (if you don’t already have a pair) based on what your style is and what color you like. A great accessory with this boot is the Hunter socks that you can add to the boot for extra insulation. This boot is definitely a great asset to your fall wardrobe! When the winter begins these are useful for running errands, and doing a few outdoor chores, but I wouldn’t recommend you walk on ice with these! These boots should be worn on certain days throughout the winter that aren’t very harsh. You can find these for sale online at Hunter and Nordstrom, and many other stores. (Saks Fifth, Urban Outfitters, Bloomingdales, etc.,). If you are really interested in owning a pair I suggest you check online for sale prices (Nordstrom usually has them on sale).

Both of these boots are a bit pricey but are long-lasting and will stay with you for years to come.  REMEMBER: You have to invest if you want to get the best out of the product!

Tikia Travis is a former writer for HERCampus UIC (2015-2017). Tikia majored in English with a concentration on Media, Rhetorical, and Cultural Studies. She also completed the Creative Writing, Professional Writing, and British Literature Concentrations. Tikia loves reading, writing, music, fashion, and FOOD (you can tell that from my picture, lol)!! School, Starbucks, Health and Fitness are my LIFE! She aspires to one day become a Published Author and Education Professional. In her spare time, she write creatively and professionally, and assists others with their essays/writing needs.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.