Spring Up Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Despite the frigid weather we are still having in Chicago, spring is right around the corner! Spruce up your closet this season with these five pieces to get in the spring spirit!

Black & White
Black and white is always in style, but this season is everywhere. Inspired by this Oscar de la Renta gown, give yourself a neutral base to layer fun, spring accessories. Since it’s probably frowned upon going to class in this gorgeous frock, try this cute peplum top option from Forever21 instead.

Embroidered Dresses
A nice change to the over-worn lace we’ve been seeing for the last few years. An embroidered dress is cute and casual, but can also be dressed up as well with the right accessories. Perfect for Easter or graduation celebrations! This dress is from storeenvy.com

Embellishments
Take a basic blouse and glam it up with embellishments, studs, or subtle details. I love this one from Agaci!

Electric Colors
As opposed to the traditional pastel colors for spring, take it to the next level by incorporating electric colors into your wardrobe this spring. The bag and dress are from NastyGal.com

Unique Prints
These awesome new prints that are everything are everywhere this spring. This blouse from Nasty Gal is cute and perfect for a day around the city!