Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Blog

5 Drinks For Finals Week

By Melissa Taylor, Jennifer Hebeisen
December 10, 2013 - 1:34pm

Finals week is upon us in the worst way. Good thing we’ve all been studying religiously...or not. Whether you’re done studying or just getting started, we’ve created a list of 5 drinks to help with your cognitive functioning while studying and taking tests. So before you sit down to flex those brain waves, grab one of these yummy beverages!    READ MORE

Music Blog: It’s Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas

By Meaghan Lee
December 9, 2013 - 12:02am

Christmastime is a time for cookie-making (and eating), tree trimming, and plenty of merrymaking. A spell of shopping, skating, and sleeping. Yet, what would most of these festivities be without the appropriate ambience? The most important ingredient that emanates the essence of the season is sound. Jingling bells, crunching snow, crackling fire, wild laughter, and singing—singing along to carols, old and new, in and out of tune. Music moves us through the seasons and offers reliability. You can count on the return of Christmas songs every year, even if they do creep ever closer to Halloween. Now is the time to listen to songs that make you feel ultra festive, the time to hang up your hang-ups, and leave soon-to-be snowy boots at the door....

10 Best Workouts to Get Back into Shape

By Young Liu
December 3, 2013 - 12:07pm

Want to know some great workouts to get that sexy beach body right in the comfort of your own home? Here is our list of the top ten workouts that require no weights or fancy machines, but will still whip that body into shape! 1.)  Running Not only does running deliver the best results for your body, but it is also inexpensive, easy to learn, and super accessible (all you need are gym shoes). It is high in cardiovascular fitness and works out literally your entire body.  2.) Burpes   READ MORE

10 Best Study Spots at UIC

By Melissa Taylor, Jennifer Hebeisen
December 2, 2013 - 12:23pm

With finals on the horizon it's important to find a quiet and/or conducive spot of your own to get studying. UIC's large campus offers many great study spots, but here are ten options we picked as UIC favorites. Good luck on your finals, ladies!      READ MORE

How to Find a Winternship

By Alex Griparis
November 28, 2013 - 12:15am

With winter break arriving soon, take the opportunity to build your resume. Winter break is the perfect chance to get some experience in your field of choice, and it is a lot simpler than you may think. If you're completely lost and don't know where to start, don't worry. The easiest thing to do to get some direction is to make a list of your hobbies or the things you like. Love music? Look into interning at a radio station. Are books your thing? An internship in publishing is probably for you. Making something you're passionate about into a career is the number one way to be happy. It makes going to work every day exciting rather than a chore, and when you're doing something you love you will put more effort into it....

Music Blog: This Soundtrack's On Fire

By Meaghan Lee
November 27, 2013 - 12:53am

Movies AND music. Now that’s magic. Soundtrack releases often deserve as much hype as the films for which they exist. The motion picture companion of the second Hunger Games installment is no exception. Heavy hitting artists from Coldplay, Imagine Dragons and The Lumineers to rising stars like Lorde, The Weeknd and Phantogram provide a powerfully and thematically cohesive yet diverse sounding accompaniment to the film. READ MORE

10 Reasons to Study Abroad

By Jennifer Hebeisen, Melissa Taylor
November 25, 2013 - 12:00am

Studying Abroad has been mentioned as one of the most worthwhile and rewarding opportunities a college student can experience. It has so many benefits and has become a surprisingly affordable option as many colleges support this opportunity and reward their students for doing so. Many students consider studying abroad before graduating, but feel it may not be for them. We've created a list of 10 incredible benefits to studying abroad in support of encouraging you to realize you can study abroad! Here are some reasons why you should do so.    READ MORE

Music Blog: A Time to Give Thanks

By Meaghan Lee
November 19, 2013 - 12:00am

Hello Her Campus readers, This week’s blog is more of a meditation on where life and music meet. With Thanksgiving approaching, it is especially opportune to reflect on all things that deserve gratitude, music included. As an extension of our own successes and defeats in life, we give thanks to music and through music. We’re able to sing what we can’t always say and listen to the inspiring words and sounds of others, allowing them to soothe our souls. READ MORE

10 Best Fashion Blogs You Should Follow

By Alex Griparis
November 17, 2013 - 7:35pm

1. Women’s Wear Daily
This 100 year old fashion trade journal has now made its mark on tumblr   2.  Tales of Endearment
Started by Natalie Joos in 2010, this has quickly become one of the most influential fashion blogs out there. If you love vintage clothes, this blog is for you.
  READ MORE

Music Blog: Changing of the Seasons

By Meaghan Lee
November 13, 2013 - 1:12pm

November definitely snuck up on me. The past few mornings I was even greeted by frosty ground, hinting that winter weather may be closer than we think. A new, timely titled track by some of my favorite Irish rockers, Two Door Cinema Club, should add some heat to the impending chill. Turn up the volume on this poppy single, and get psyched for changes to come! READ MORE