Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Blog

Effects of YouTube

By Zara Vaccarella
October 16, 2014 - 6:00pm

Confessions of a fan girl: CRAZY and amazing This YouTube sensation Satirical entity without shame No, this one is different-special A beautiful angel His surreptitious glancing gets me by Crying over you but it's no use really The pain goes away ONLY for a moment  Just another desperate fan girl  Is all one could think I could never I will never  Be more than what I am With you and only you is where I should be With you and your fantastic soul God nor Satan can help me Help me I'm dying to see your beautiful smile Your touch I wish to feel READ MORE

Food Blog: Dynamite Japanese Baked Mussel

By Jessica Wu
October 16, 2014 - 6:00am

This is probably one of my favorite recipes of all time! If you never had baked mussel before, definitely give this a try! I love making this as an appetizer for the weekend or make a big batch for the holidays. These mussels are very savory and cheesy and my favorite part is the crunch you get from the panko breadcrumbs. Give this a try and you will not regret it.   READ MORE

Treat yourself to a well-deserved break!

By Melissa Martinez
October 15, 2014 - 2:10pm

Congratulations UIC students! We are about to begin the seventh week of the semester. You could give yourself a pat on the back, or you could buy yourself a delicious cupcake from Flirty Cupcakes, located on 1030 W. Taylor St., in order to commend yourself for all of the effort you’ve put forth so far. It isn’t easy being a college student, so we have to enjoy those moments that make it worth it. READ MORE

Get In Touch With Your Artistic Side

By Cristina Gutierrez
October 14, 2014 - 1:27am

The cold weather is no excuse to lock ourselves indoors and hibernate like bears. We live in Chicago! There is always plenty to do. Bundle up with cute winter accessories, get yourself a warm pumpkin latte from StarBucks, and hit the streets. READ MORE

Fashion Blog: 10 Pieces To Add To Your Fall Shopping List

By Nadiyah Abdul-Jabbar
October 13, 2014 - 12:52pm

As I write this post, my open windows are letting in a warm, 70-something-degree breeze. Chicago seems to be in denial that we have officially began fall. However, knowing this city's reputation for bipolar weather, I'm sure that by the time you read this the temperatures will have dropped and reality has set in. Summer is over and that means revamping our wardrobes by replacing our tanks with turtlenecks and layering our mini-skirts with tights. In case you're still stuck in a summer daze and have no idea what to put on that fall wardrobe shopping list, here are a ten pieces to get you started:  1. Cropped Turtleneck  READ MORE

Silent Affirmations

By Zara Vaccarella
October 13, 2014 - 12:50pm

Passing by those I do not know And those I wish to never know A packed bus never fails to amuse So much decay is put on display Dripping from every pore Ugly and deceptive to the core I sit with my eyes peering down at the floor Like a child who has done wrong In the hopes of masking my disgust I constantly try to adjust because Two women are on either side of me I am graced with their feminine auras On my left sits an attractive blonde On my right sits an attractive brunette Both glued to their phones And detached from the world before them I glance up- awkwardly faced with the result of gluttony A woman stands exhibiting a backside so massive READ MORE

Looking For a New Place to Eat? Try Demitasse!

By Melissa Martinez
October 9, 2014 - 2:20pm

Are you a morning person who loves to start off your day with a well-balanced breakfast? You should be! As the intelligent and bright college student that you are, you already know that you need to put yourself first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day the right way at Demitasse, located at 1066 W. Taylor St. Chicago, IL 60607.  READ MORE

Back-to-School Survival Kit '14!

By Nicole Jacobs
October 8, 2014 - 12:21pm

What better way to celebrate the new semester than with a Back-to-School Survival Kit?! Thanks to our lovely Her Campus Nationals team, we received some fabulous items perfect for back to school! They surprised us with some awesome product from some of our great friends at Chipotle, Aeropostale, Luna, Affinitas, Nasty Gal, European Wax Center, Clue, Tanda Zap, and Garnier! Not to mention some sweet swag from Her Campus!   This Back-to-School kit is the largest Her Campus UIC and other chapters have received thus far! They are filled with tons of goodies every collegiette needs to get her through the fall semester. It’s all about sponsor love here at Her Campus! READ MORE

Copycat Starbuck’s Caramel Frappuccino

By Jessica Wu
October 8, 2014 - 12:20am

If you are a coffee addict, you will definitely love this recipe. Buying from your local coffee shop can get pretty pricey, so I came up with a way where you can buy the essentials and have coffee without breaking your wallet. The next time you are having a girl’s night in, make this and you will impress everyone for sure!                  READ MORE

Women's Health: RUN 10 FEED 10

By Nicole Jacobs
October 6, 2014 - 10:30am

What better way to embrace women’s health and female empowerment while giving back to Chicago communities than with an inspiring 10k run? Join Women’s Health Magazine for a 10k run on October 19th to fight hunger in Chicago. The Run 10 Feed 10 race will take place at Diversey Harbor and will continue along Chicago’s beautiful Lakefront Trail! After the race participants will enjoy a complimentary yoga for runners class, beauty touch ups, fabulous giveaways, and more! READ MORE