Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Blog

Get In Touch With Your Artistic Side

By Cristina Gutierrez
October 14, 2014 - 1:27am

The cold weather is no excuse to lock ourselves indoors and hibernate like bears. We live in Chicago! There is always plenty to do. Bundle up with cute winter accessories, get yourself a warm pumpkin latte from StarBucks, and hit the streets. READ MORE

Fashion Blog: 10 Pieces To Add To Your Fall Shopping List

By Nadiyah Abdul-Jabbar
October 13, 2014 - 12:52pm

As I write this post, my open windows are letting in a warm, 70-something-degree breeze. Chicago seems to be in denial that we have officially began fall. However, knowing this city's reputation for bipolar weather, I'm sure that by the time you read this the temperatures will have dropped and reality has set in. Summer is over and that means revamping our wardrobes by replacing our tanks with turtlenecks and layering our mini-skirts with tights. In case you're still stuck in a summer daze and have no idea what to put on that fall wardrobe shopping list, here are a ten pieces to get you started:  1. Cropped Turtleneck  READ MORE

Silent Affirmations

By Zara Vaccarella
October 13, 2014 - 12:50pm

Passing by those I do not know And those I wish to never know A packed bus never fails to amuse So much decay is put on display Dripping from every pore Ugly and deceptive to the core I sit with my eyes peering down at the floor Like a child who has done wrong In the hopes of masking my disgust I constantly try to adjust because Two women are on either side of me I am graced with their feminine auras On my left sits an attractive blonde On my right sits an attractive brunette Both glued to their phones And detached from the world before them I glance up- awkwardly faced with the result of gluttony A woman stands exhibiting a backside so massive READ MORE

Looking For a New Place to Eat? Try Demitasse!

By Melissa Martinez
October 9, 2014 - 2:20pm

Are you a morning person who loves to start off your day with a well-balanced breakfast? You should be! As the intelligent and bright college student that you are, you already know that you need to put yourself first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day the right way at Demitasse, located at 1066 W. Taylor St. Chicago, IL 60607.  READ MORE

Back-to-School Survival Kit '14!

By Nicole Jacobs
October 8, 2014 - 12:21pm

What better way to celebrate the new semester than with a Back-to-School Survival Kit?! Thanks to our lovely Her Campus Nationals team, we received some fabulous items perfect for back to school! They surprised us with some awesome product from some of our great friends at Chipotle, Aeropostale, Luna, Affinitas, Nasty Gal, European Wax Center, Clue, Tanda Zap, and Garnier! Not to mention some sweet swag from Her Campus!   This Back-to-School kit is the largest Her Campus UIC and other chapters have received thus far! They are filled with tons of goodies every collegiette needs to get her through the fall semester. It’s all about sponsor love here at Her Campus! READ MORE

Copycat Starbuck’s Caramel Frappuccino

By Jessica Wu
October 8, 2014 - 12:20am

If you are a coffee addict, you will definitely love this recipe. Buying from your local coffee shop can get pretty pricey, so I came up with a way where you can buy the essentials and have coffee without breaking your wallet. The next time you are having a girl’s night in, make this and you will impress everyone for sure!                  READ MORE

Women's Health: RUN 10 FEED 10

By Nicole Jacobs
October 6, 2014 - 10:30am

What better way to embrace women’s health and female empowerment while giving back to Chicago communities than with an inspiring 10k run? Join Women’s Health Magazine for a 10k run on October 19th to fight hunger in Chicago. The Run 10 Feed 10 race will take place at Diversey Harbor and will continue along Chicago’s beautiful Lakefront Trail! After the race participants will enjoy a complimentary yoga for runners class, beauty touch ups, fabulous giveaways, and more! READ MORE

4 Workouts For a Better You

By Jenny Huh
October 1, 2014 - 12:50pm

I have a confession to make. Before coming to college, I was one of the many that was afraid of being a victim of what it is notoriously known as the freshmen fifteen. A lot of people, especially my friends who were already in college, would constantly scare me about gaining weight in college. I refused to believe them. And like any other self-determined freshmen collegiate, I created a morning workout plan to stick with everyday. Here are a couple of the workouts that I do.   READ MORE

What is Love

By Zara Vaccarella
October 1, 2014 - 12:50pm

"Love is a fire burns down all that it sees"   Indeed, love is a fire Igniting and blazing for an eternity I wish you could see  Me the way I see you Not just a friend but more Drained of this game to the core I want nothing more Than to make you mine   But I can't, you see Because of all the times you have Lied to me Deceived me And led me on To think that we could move on Past this friendship into something more   Love is on my mind To love and be loved This bittersweet feeling that I crave It fills me up and makes me brave READ MORE

The Power

By Zara Vaccarella
September 29, 2014 - 12:50pm

The Power In a daze I’ve never seen her Stop Voices heard in the distance Transfixed She tunes out Over and over Insane Reaching for her pocket READ MORE