Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Features

Exfoliate With Sugar!

By Claudia Martinez
November 28, 2012 - 6:53pm

Exfoliating is key to having a healthy looking skin all year round! And it becomes even more essential in the winter since we tend to get dry, itchy, flaky skin during this time.  Exfoliating with sugar is a great inexpensive way of keeping your skin healthy! Sugar is a natural exfoliator, it helps remove dead skin and cellular build up which helps your skin look fresh and rejuvenated and also gives it a nice glow.  For Your Face: READ MORE

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 19, 2012 - 11:53pm

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling 1. Because you need someone to convince you that standing in line at the outdoor ice-rink is going to be worth it, even if the 30min mark means you’ll be there for another hour. 2. Because once you are ready to skate, you need someone to hold your hand. How else are you supposed to hold yourself up? (But really, we all know you almost went pro as a junior figure skater in 6th grade, no biggie.) 3. Because you drank a little too much spiked eggnog at your Friendsgiving reunion and you need your go-to designated driver. READ MORE

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Steals & Deals!

By Nicole Jacobs
November 19, 2012 - 2:55am

READ MORE

Style Spotlight of the Week: Jessica Biel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
November 13, 2012 - 9:00am

Jessica Biel’s style is worth a closer look because there is a good lesson to learn from her. She is spotted wearing jeans, hoodies, T-shirts, and jackets a lot but then when she hits the red carpet… BAM! She then transforms into a glamorous movie star that grabs your attention instantly. All of this is possible because she doesn’t have to wear a fashionable dress and six inch pumps when going shopping. So take a lesson from Jess, dress comfortable and then when the right occasion occurs go all out. Wear bold colors, girly dresses, and don’t hold back cause this is your time to shine! Because you are not constantly glam and over dressing, so the times that you do it will stand out more to people. ...

Top Ten Dating Tips: UIC Style

By Nicole Jacobs
November 12, 2012 - 5:02am

So ladies, here we are winding down the last couple of weeks of this Fall semester and for those who were dreaming of meeting their prince charming, you might start to let your guard down. Don’t throw in the towel just yet girls! There is always still time to find that significant other! Finding the right guy can be tough and in like TLC’s old school jam, we as classy ladies do not want no scrub. READ MORE

Award Winning Outerwear

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 29, 2012 - 2:16pm

Cute Scarf? Check.
Winter Boots? Check.
Fuzzy Hat? Check.
Warm Gloves? Check.
Hot Chocolate? Warmed and Ready. Just as you open the door and the cold wind hits you, you realize that you are missing something… a JACKET!!!! Well before you get frostbite, I’ve given out awards to the best of the best outwear to help you narrow down your selection. And the winners are… Best Color:
AE.com, $99.95 Best Puff: READ MORE

Music Midterm: Top 10 Fall Albums

By Meaghan Lee
October 17, 2012 - 5:19pm

There's nothing I love more than new music. That's why, while parting with summer wasn't ideal, the promise of a semester filled with fresh experiences and a fresh soundtrack for those experiences kept my thoughts positive. Behold a list, compiled by me, of the top 10 albums so far in the semester! Be sure to listen to my favorite track recommendations for each album! Top 10 Fall Albums
(oldest to newest release) Night Visions READ MORE

The Spookiest Halloween Apparel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 17, 2012 - 3:48pm

October has finally begun! Scary movies will be played over and over again on TV, kids will consume piles of candy, and everyone will be planning what their Halloween costume will be this year. Here are some great pieces that you can wear throughout October to show your Halloween sprit without having to break your bank on an expensive costume. T-Shirts:
Urbanoutfitters.com, $34.00 READ MORE

Let’s Talk Yoga! Creative Workout for the Body & Soul

By Nicole Jacobs
October 17, 2012 - 2:29pm

Bored of your typical cardio workout routine? Need something fresh and just as equally intense? Try doing Yoga! It’s a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India and will definitely have you moving, breathing, and sweating! It focuses on fitness, the purity of the body, and how to live a healthier lifestyle. READ MORE

Fashion Guide 101: Fall

By Bianca Pearson
October 17, 2012 - 12:09pm

Happy Fall everyone! I’m hoping there are still some summer birds out there that are not ready for fall, just like I am, but unfortunately it is here. I guess I was sick of my summer clothes anyways! So I would like to announce that it is officially cardigan season! Basically, I have spent the last week and a half looking at all the top fashion websites and multiple pinterest boards trying to figure out what styles work the best. READ MORE