Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Features

Remanufacture Your Meal at Chuck’s

By Anna Soltysiak
February 13, 2013 - 1:56pm

If you are in quest of a new place to grab food and drinks on your lunch break or after work, you should check out Chuck’s Manufacturing located in the Loop on North Michigan Avenue, situated between the Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park. Chuck’s is a great place to go for a one-on-one date or with a group of friends if you are in the mood for a more lively night out. The space is super chic, with a vibrant and lively atmosphere, decorated with bright, acrylic colors. READ MORE

Our 7 Must Visit Places in Chicago!

By Nicole Jacobs
February 9, 2013 - 9:00am

Known for its absolutely beautiful skyline, the Windy City is definitely at the top of the list for tourists. Born and raised in Chicago, one of the things I love about this city is its diversity - in its people and neighborhoods. With so many vibrant neighborhoods to explore, the heart and the soul of the city not only lie in downtown, but within its many incredible neighborhoods. Living and traveling in Chicago is like an everyday adventure! READ MORE

Tea- licious!

By Anna Soltysiak
February 7, 2013 - 2:05am

Similar to my love for (or addiction to) coffee is my obsession for tea. A hot cup of tea, matched with some lemon and honey really hits the spot! Not only is this beverage tasty, it also provides many health benefits. Drinking tea regularly bolsters immune defenses, lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer, increases metabolism, and lowers blood pressure. Many of the vitamins and antioxidants we look for in foods and supplement pills can be found in teas. Tea can also give you that pick-me-up in the morning as a better alternative to coffee and energy drinks. Here are a few teas you can start drinking to sustain a healthier you! Green Tea: Strengthens the cardiovascular system, aids in weight loss, and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. ...

Reorganize Your Closet!

By Francesca Dreesen
February 6, 2013 - 2:44am

Every girl stands in front of her wardrobe thinking the ever present question, “what should I wear today?” Even though she has every kind of clothing from bandeaus to Bermuda’s, she finds it impossible to picture today’s outfit. The answer to this problem is simple reorganization and simplifying your wardrobe. READ MORE

Our top 5 Anti-Valentine's Day Movies

By Francesca Dreesen
February 1, 2013 - 9:00am

It happens every year. All the single girls are reminded that the love fest of Valentine's Day has come again. Instead of moping about not having someone to buy you heinous amounts of chocolate, try watching some anti-Valentine’s day movies. You will be reminded that being single is not so bad, and you can use V-day to have some much needed me time. Here are some of the best flicks. READ MORE

AKIRA CHICAGO: Our Must-Visit Shopping Destination

By Claudia Martinez
January 31, 2013 - 1:28am

Let’s face it: all of us love to shop & dress well. If you want to find one-of-a-kind, unique pieces, AKIRA is the place to go. With its huge range of sartorial options, there’s no way it can disappoint! In an AKIRA outfit, you will be the highlight of any party or event you attend. READ MORE

Make The New Year Matter

By Alex Griparis
January 30, 2013 - 9:00am

What I saw all over Twitter and other social media sites on the brink of 2013 kind of made me a little disappointed. I saw so many people saying things like “It’s just another day; if things were bad for you in 2012 they will be bad for you in 2013.” I don’t agree with this whatsoever. No, New Years isn’t some sort of magical day that overnight will fix all your problems and grant you every wish you’ve ever had. It’s the chance to start over with a fresh, clean slate and start being the person you want to be and living the life you deserve. It’s the little changes that count and make all the difference, and these are the best tips to a better year and a better you! READ MORE

Expired and Fabulous

By Sally Garduno
January 29, 2013 - 9:00am

Hello Readers! So sorry to have left you all waiting, but as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. IT IS FINALLY HERE! Before winter break much controversy was being discussed over an ad posted on one of UIC’s bus stops (http://www.hercampus.com/school/uic/expirednfabulous). This ad tells of a young lady trying to find true love despite the Arabic tradition of arranged marriage. READ MORE

Taylor Street's Finest

By msingh26
January 26, 2013 - 11:52pm

READ MORE

Upcoming Spring 2013 Concerts

By Anna Soltysiak
January 25, 2013 - 12:39am

Class is back in session! Take a night (or two) off this semester and catch one of these must-see upcoming concerts with some friends! Olly Murs Saturday, January 26, 6:00 p.m. House of Blues, Chicago Excision with Zomboy and Vaski Saturday, January 26, 8:00 p.m. Congress Theater, Chicago READ MORE