Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC News

Award Winning Outerwear

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 29, 2012 - 2:16pm

Cute Scarf? Check.
Winter Boots? Check.
Fuzzy Hat? Check.
Warm Gloves? Check.
Hot Chocolate? Warmed and Ready. Just as you open the door and the cold wind hits you, you realize that you are missing something… a JACKET!!!! Well before you get frostbite, I’ve given out awards to the best of the best outwear to help you narrow down your selection. And the winners are… Best Color:
AE.com, $99.95 Best Puff: READ MORE

Music Midterm: Top 10 Fall Albums

By Meaghan Lee
October 17, 2012 - 5:19pm

There's nothing I love more than new music. That's why, while parting with summer wasn't ideal, the promise of a semester filled with fresh experiences and a fresh soundtrack for those experiences kept my thoughts positive. Behold a list, compiled by me, of the top 10 albums so far in the semester! Be sure to listen to my favorite track recommendations for each album! Top 10 Fall Albums
(oldest to newest release) Night Visions READ MORE

The Spookiest Halloween Apparel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 17, 2012 - 3:48pm

October has finally begun! Scary movies will be played over and over again on TV, kids will consume piles of candy, and everyone will be planning what their Halloween costume will be this year. Here are some great pieces that you can wear throughout October to show your Halloween sprit without having to break your bank on an expensive costume. T-Shirts:
Urbanoutfitters.com, $34.00 READ MORE

Let’s Talk Yoga! Creative Workout for the Body & Soul

By Nicole Jacobs
October 17, 2012 - 2:29pm

Bored of your typical cardio workout routine? Need something fresh and just as equally intense? Try doing Yoga! It’s a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India and will definitely have you moving, breathing, and sweating! It focuses on fitness, the purity of the body, and how to live a healthier lifestyle. READ MORE

Fashion Guide 101: Fall

By Bianca Pearson
October 17, 2012 - 12:09pm

Happy Fall everyone! I’m hoping there are still some summer birds out there that are not ready for fall, just like I am, but unfortunately it is here. I guess I was sick of my summer clothes anyways! So I would like to announce that it is officially cardigan season! Basically, I have spent the last week and a half looking at all the top fashion websites and multiple pinterest boards trying to figure out what styles work the best. READ MORE

Bright Idea: Chicago Ideas Week

By Alex Griparis
October 3, 2012 - 2:32pm

READ MORE

See Ya Later, Brown Bag!

By Anna Soltysiak
October 3, 2012 - 2:13pm

I'm dedicating this week's article to something my friends and I love: food. There's nothing better than catching up with my girlfriends over some tasty sushi or pasta. I wanted to share a few places where I absolutely love to grab a bite to eat in between classes or after a long day at work. READ MORE

Out with the Boring Suit and in with the Business Chic!

By Nicole Jacobs
October 1, 2012 - 2:40pm

‘Tis the season to be professional! Fall interview season is officially here! Now that classes are well underway, it's time to land that interview or internship. As a sophomore in the College of Business here at UIC, I definitely have times where I need to dress professionally, whether it’s for a class presentation or a job interview. Having trouble on your professional wear? Here’s where I can help! READ MORE

Heading down Taylor? Stop by Flirty Cupcakes!

By Nicole Jacobs
September 24, 2012 - 1:27pm

Craving something sweet and delicious? Want to indulge and treat yourself to a sweet treat after a weeklong of healthy eating? If you have a huge sweet tooth like I do, Flirty Cupcakes is the right place for you! Located on 1030 W. Taylor Street, Flirty’s offers delicious desserts that are sure to satisfy even your most desirable sweet craving. This cozy cupcake shop is small but spacious and has such cute décor. The vibe is super chill and welcoming but enough about the design of the shop. How about those decadent cupcakes! READ MORE

Fashion Guide 101: Fashion Week

By Bianca Pearson
September 17, 2012 - 1:06am

It’s here! It’s here!... Actually, it’s almost over, but Fashion week 2012 is what has me on a fashion craze! Thursday, September 6th kicked off one of Chicago’s craziest fashion days of the year! If you are unaware of “Fashion Night Out” then you need to do some serious retail therapy! For all of you who unfortunately do not know, shame on you ;) but I’ll happily give you the low down. Basically, Michigan Ave and State Street is where it is at. Stores all along these wonderful iconic streets of Chicago introduce their newest collections for Fall and Winter seasons! READ MORE