Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Features

Expired and Fabulous

By Sally Garduno
January 29, 2013 - 9:00am

Hello Readers! So sorry to have left you all waiting, but as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. IT IS FINALLY HERE! Before winter break much controversy was being discussed over an ad posted on one of UIC’s bus stops (http://www.hercampus.com/school/uic/expirednfabulous). This ad tells of a young lady trying to find true love despite the Arabic tradition of arranged marriage. READ MORE

Taylor Street's Finest

By msingh26
January 26, 2013 - 11:52pm

READ MORE

Upcoming Spring 2013 Concerts

By Anna Soltysiak
January 25, 2013 - 12:39am

Class is back in session! Take a night (or two) off this semester and catch one of these must-see upcoming concerts with some friends! Olly Murs Saturday, January 26, 6:00 p.m. House of Blues, Chicago Excision with Zomboy and Vaski Saturday, January 26, 8:00 p.m. Congress Theater, Chicago READ MORE

Christmas 2012 Party Ideas and More!

By Alex Griparis, Nicole Jacobs
December 14, 2012 - 1:54pm

It’s the most wonderful time of year and it’s here! The city’s streets are dazzled with lights and stores have festive Christmas trees and decorations It was once said by Buddy the Elf that “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear”. While that may be true, another way to spread the joyous feelings this holiday season is to throw fun parties! What better way to deck the halls than in an embarrassing Christmas sweater or one-sie with your best pals? With only a few weeks left, it’s time to start planning your holiday parties.  Here is your guide to great ideas for parties; including themes, food, and drinks! Ugly Sweater Party READ MORE

Meet "I know Jane"

By Claudia Martinez
December 8, 2012 - 3:18pm

I Know Jane “Shoes Connecting Our Global Community” By: Jared Petravicious & Simon Tumansky READ MORE

Your Guide to Celebrating New Year’s Eve 2013 in Chicago

By Anna Soltysiak
December 4, 2012 - 1:32am

With the end of the year right around the corner, it’s time to start planning how we’re going to ring in the New Year. As collegiettes, we need plenty of time to find the perfect outfit, a hot date to kiss at midnight, and most importantly, an event to attend! I’ve taken it upon myself to make Her Campus your go-to place to sort out all the details of this annual party fest (you’re welcome!). Here are a few events worthy of checking out:     @ Stout Barrelhouse READ MORE

Exfoliate With Sugar!

By Claudia Martinez
November 28, 2012 - 6:53pm

Exfoliating is key to having a healthy looking skin all year round! And it becomes even more essential in the winter since we tend to get dry, itchy, flaky skin during this time.  Exfoliating with sugar is a great inexpensive way of keeping your skin healthy! Sugar is a natural exfoliator, it helps remove dead skin and cellular build up which helps your skin look fresh and rejuvenated and also gives it a nice glow.  For Your Face: READ MORE

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 19, 2012 - 11:53pm

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling 1. Because you need someone to convince you that standing in line at the outdoor ice-rink is going to be worth it, even if the 30min mark means you’ll be there for another hour. 2. Because once you are ready to skate, you need someone to hold your hand. How else are you supposed to hold yourself up? (But really, we all know you almost went pro as a junior figure skater in 6th grade, no biggie.) 3. Because you drank a little too much spiked eggnog at your Friendsgiving reunion and you need your go-to designated driver. READ MORE

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Steals & Deals!

By Nicole Jacobs
November 19, 2012 - 2:55am

READ MORE

Style Spotlight of the Week: Jessica Biel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
November 13, 2012 - 9:00am

Jessica Biel’s style is worth a closer look because there is a good lesson to learn from her. She is spotted wearing jeans, hoodies, T-shirts, and jackets a lot but then when she hits the red carpet… BAM! She then transforms into a glamorous movie star that grabs your attention instantly. All of this is possible because she doesn’t have to wear a fashionable dress and six inch pumps when going shopping. So take a lesson from Jess, dress comfortable and then when the right occasion occurs go all out. Wear bold colors, girly dresses, and don’t hold back cause this is your time to shine! Because you are not constantly glam and over dressing, so the times that you do it will stand out more to people. ...