This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Still lingering on cupid’s cloud nine? Didn’t make it that far? Don’t worry—daydream is very much in the air thanks to sweethearts, Lana Del Rey and Lily Allen. These songstresses have a knack for lifting listeners out of reality and into a temporary trance.

Lana was born to croon for cinema, contributing her sultry and nostalgia-inducing vocals first to The Great Gatsby. This time, she lends her velvety voice to Disney’s dark and upcoming Maleficent. Lana enhances the fantasy in this twisted telling of classic fairytale, Sleeping Beauty. The movie floats into theaters this May. In the meantime, devour the remains of your dark chocolate truffles (if there are any) and stream the dreamy track below!

Lily, like Lana, is no stranger to hypnotic tracks. In her latest single, “Air Balloon,” the Brit takes us high above the clouds with clever lyrics and buoyant beats. Continue to revel in reverie by listening after Lana’s!

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.