Music Blog: Don’t Hate, Cultivate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Hello HerCampus readers and welcome back to another school year. What better way to celebrate the abrupt return of academia than a party! What would you say if everyone’s favorite eatery, Chipotle, catered that party? Music would be provided by awesome acts like Walk the Moon, Youngblood Hawke, The Mowgli’s, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. and Bestfriends. The fabulous Lincoln Park neighborhood would play host, and there would be no admission fee.

I am happy to inform you that all of these “what ifs” are in fact a reality. Chipotle’s Cultivate Festival will take place this Saturday, September 7, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The fest, which combines food, ideas and music, previously took over San Francisco and Denver. Now, it’s Chicago’s turn! Check out the band schedule, and preview a special menu just for the festival. Hope to see all you food and music lovers there!

Listen to a music preview for the upcoming party below:

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.