This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Let’s face it – on the weekdays, nobody wants to wake up too early to put makeup on. But it’s Fall, and there are so many different looks to play around with, and sometimes setting your alarm an extra few minutes early is worth it. Thankfully, there’s one must-have product that can shave off those minutes and help you keep caught up on your beauty sleep.

I’ve never really been a big fan of cream eye shadows, but I’ve fallen in love with the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in “Constructivist”. This product isn’t anything new; it’s a classic that everyone should have in their makeup arsenal. “Constructivist” is a perfect fall shade, with a chocolate brown base and a shimmery reddish-gold finish. It’s smooth, long-lasting, and incredibly easy to use.

For a quick look, use your finger to pat in the shadow, starting in the center of your eyelid and blending out to either corner. If you like a flawless finish, use a blending brush to buff out the edges. This look is easy to build up, too: deepen the creases of your eyes with a deeper brown or taupe shade, add a flick of black liquid liner, a few coats of mascara, and a pop of berry lipstick. Here’s my finished look:

So, if you love all of the gorgeous fall makeup trends but don’t like spending the time executing them, a cream eye shadow like this is the perfect solution! The MAC version costs $21, so if that’s too steep, try the Maybelline Color Tattoo in “Bad to the Bronze” for about $7.  

Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so. 
UIC Contributor.