A Klingon Christmas Carol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Dickens’ classic play, A Christmas Carol, gets a new twist with Commedia Beauregard’s presentation of A Klingon Christmas Carol.Written by Christopher O. Kidder, and Sasha Walloch, and translated by Laura Thurston, Bill Hedrick, and Chris Lipscombe, A Klingon Christmas Carol presents the story of a lowly Scrooge who is without courage and honor. Three ghosts take it upon themselves to help Scrooge find the courage and honor he needs to become a true warrior. The only question is, “will they succeed?”

The entire play is in spoken in original Klingon, but for those who aren’t fluent, English supertitles will be provided, along with narration from the Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology. The play will be full of Dickens’ and Star Trek references that should be enjoyable to everyone.
I met with Christopher Kidder, who told me, “Our goal was to make this in the spirit of Star Trek, of teaching morality and how to be a good human being.”  I would say that is the original message of Dickens’ play, as well as the spirit of Christmas.

A Klingon Christmas Carol.

November 25- December 31, 2011.
Tickets: $32

Student preview, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 7:30pm. Students get in for $5.00 with student I.D.

For more information visit:
www.cbtheatre.org
www.greenhousetheater.org