Wellness

How to Make Your Healthy Eating Resolution a Reality!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

I find that with most of my resolutions I become too lazy and feel like whatever I’m trying to do takes too much time out of my day. This year the way I’m going to keep my resolution of eating healthy is by making it super simple! So, today I’ll show you what I’m doing for my morning routine to make it easier.

This is how I make my smoothie fast and easy!

Here is what you’ll need:

Blender – I use the Oster Bottle Blender from Bed Bath and Beyond for $25. I like this blender because I don’t have to pour the smoothie out of a large blender cup, and I make exactly how much I want. The only problem is that the lids don’t close all the way, but my smoothies are thick enough to not cause leakage from the small jolts.

Fruits and Veggies – I am using strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and kale.

Yogurt – You can use any kind of yogurt. I bought a large tub from Aldi.

Milk

Ice Tray

Mini Cupcake tray or two more Ice Cube Trays – We will be using this for the yogurt and the blended fruits and vegetables.

Plastic Wrap or Aluminum Foil

Ziploc bags

First, I put the plastic wrap over the mini cupcake tray. This makes popping the frozen goodies out easier.

Now, fill each circular space with yogurt starting from the center and working your way out.

Cover the top of the tray to protect it, and put it in the freezer overnight.

Make some ice cubes using water and the ice cube tray, and put it in the freezer.

Cut up your fruits and vegetables.

I did about a quarter of each ingredients: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and kale. This is what fits in my blender, but once blended, I added another quarter of kale and strawberries.

This blended mix can now be added to another plastic wrap covered mini cupcake pan. Cover the top with plastic wrap like previously. Freeze them overnight.

Now, the next day take out the frozen yogurt, ice, and frozen fruits and vegetable blend. These can be stored in Ziploc bags for easy morning grabs.

I use two fruits and vegetable chunks, two yogurts, four ice cubes, and fill the rest with milk. When blended, this should make a thicker smoothie texture.

I hope your New Year’s Resolutions turn out to be everything you want and more!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth Wenzel and go by Lizzie. I am a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), class of 2021. I recently switched majors from Accounting to Biological Science. A BioS major is one of the many majors that can be taken as Pre Vet-Med. I hope to pursue my masters and PhD for Vet Med at University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. I found a passion for writing in high school and haven't stopped. Currently I do not a narrow topic I wish to write about but I hope through writing for HerCampusUIC I find the topics I really enjoy writing about,
UIC Contributor.