How to Have a Great Spring Break from Home

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

You head to class on Friday and see a lot of empty seats. You log on to Instagram and see poolside photos. You look at your calendar and realize it is finally spring break and you forgot to make exciting plans. Worry not! You can still have a fun, productive week at the comfort of your own home while filling your Instagram with pictures that make your life look exciting. Check out the list below for some ideas to make the most out of your spring break.  

Think of Sunshine

1. The Perfect Tan

Get your selflie-perfect tan on without the sun. L’Oreal’s Sublime Bronze is perfect for giving you a sun-kissed glow in this conflicting Chicago weather. You can choose from their Self-Tanning Towelettes for a natural look or their Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion for a deeper tan. Don’t forget to do some tantouring! It’s like a tan on the contours of your face that only needs to be applied 1-2 two times per week! It will feel as if you just got back from laying out in the sun all week. Your pictures will surely have your friends questioning what tropical getaway you went to during spring break.

Facebook

Twitter: @LOrealParisUSA

Instagram: @lorealmakeup

#Sublimebronze

2. Tropical Smelling Hair

They say certain smells take you places, so why not try that out with Freeman Beauty’s Pssst! Tropical Dry Shampoo? Transport yourself to an island while taking dirty, flat, matte hair to tropical, refreshed and revived! You hair will look amazing and have you smelling like a coveted vacation.

Facebook

Twitter: @freemanbeauty

Instagram: @freemanbeauty

Pinterest: @freemanbeauty

#Freemanbeauties

Go Out On The Town

3. Statement Lips

Take advantage of no due dates and go out with your friends. You can stay out without having to worry about finishing up an assignment or waking up early, and with the right lipstick, you can conquer the world! Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips will empower confidence in three fun shades. You’ll be sure to have an amazing time when you feel beautiful, powerful and sexy!

Facebook

Twitter: @CTilburyMakeup

Instagram: @ctilburymakeup

Pinterest: @ctilburymakeup

4. Right Accessories

A fun wardrobe should be fitting for a great night out. Juicy Couture offers bold and feminine looks, totally fitting of what your nights out should consist of. You’ll be sure to be up to date with all the trends.

Facebook

Twitter: @JuicyCouture

Instagram: @JuicyCouture

Snapchat: JuicyCouture

#ImSoJuicy

Be Productive

5. Read About Important Issues

During your school days you have no down time to read about topics that you are interested in. Take this time to learn about problems that matter, especially those having to do with women. Read about and get involved with ActuallySheCan. ActuallySheCan aims to celebrate young women and their ambitions. They want to start a conversation about women empowerment and how we can help each other achieve just that. Get involved with their mentorship program to be a part of a greater support system.

Facebook

Twitter: @ActuallySheCan

Instagram: @ActuallySheCan

#ActuallySheCan

6. Get Organized

Maybe the first half of the semester didn’t go as well as you expected, but you still have time to pull yourself back up. The Erin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planner makes organizing your day-to-day functions fun and easy. The fun colors and layouts of the planner make scheduling, note-taking, and list-making a work of art. Write down any important dates coming up on your planner during your time off so you can be ready with a plan when it’s time to go back to class.

Facebook

Twitter: @erincondren

Instagram: @erincondren

Pinterest: @erincondren

Snapchat: erincondren

#erincondren

7. Take Care of Yourself

Ever had a painful UTI? Didn’t know what to do about it? Try Cystex Tablets. Cystex Urinary Pain Relief Tablets are the #1 brand of antibacterial protection plus pain relief. This is perfect to treat your UTI while you wait for your next doctor’s appointment.

Facebook

Twitter: @cystex4utis

Instagram: @cystex

Pinterest: @cystex

#Cystex #ByeByeUTI

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
UIC Contributor.