This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

It’s October, and the dorm life is settling in. The basics are down. All of your things are where they’re supposed to be. Everything is there, but somethings missing…your personal decorations!

Recapture the Yesterdays

That last summer beach day before school, graduation cap and gown photos, student section group pic, and those cheesy family shoots shouldn’t just be saved on an iPhone forever. Let the moments out and make a photo wall of all the people and places important to you in your life. It’ll be Flashback Friday everyday!

The Groovebook App, available free on both the App Store and Google Play, sends 100 photos off of your phone gallery to a photobook each month for $2.99.

Motivational Help

If it were a choice, homework and studying would be at the end of our list…or not even on the to do list for that matter. We don’t want to, but it has to be done. The same would apply to working out. Getting a motivational wall or poster could be that boost to help you reach your goal. 

Fill the Wall

Best way to get color and art into a room is by covering the white space. Tapestries get the job done quick and easy.  Different styles, themes, and sizes are available online. Two hooks to an instant upgrade!

Do It Yourself Décor

Tissue paper, scissors, cable ties, and some basic cutting skills will create poms poms to hang from the ceiling. This new feature will add color and a girly feel in any space. It’s easy and little hassle.

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
UIC Contributor.