Her Campus UIC Bonding Event with VIP Paints

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

This week our Her Campus girls found our inner Picassos at VIP Paints. What better way to de-stress from school, work and everything else crazy going on by painting the famous Chicago skyline? Mother and daughter owned, VIP Paints is a short ten minute bus ride from UIC campus. When we arrived we were greeted by a super friendly worker ready to teach us her talented ways. The space was decorated with beautiful canvas paintings, hand-made soy candles, and ceramics. Trust me, it smelled like vanilla and pure creativity in there!

None of us girls are art majors, and our instructor Karen understood this. She was patient with us, explaining everything step by step and helping us along the way. We each ended up creating our own beautiful canvas paintings of the Chicago skyline we all know and love. While waiting for our canvases to dry, we were able to check out all the other classes VIP Paints provides, which is everything from home-made candles in martini glasses, painted wine glasses, ceramic mugs and even nude model drawings! VIP Paints actually has two locations, one being in Chicago, and the other in San Diego. The mother and daughter duo who own the two shops are wonderful businesswomen, who even provide free art classes for underprivileged kids in the Pilsen area.

VIP Paints was the perfect place for us to bond, laugh, and be artsy together.  Bring some friends and check out their awesome studio! Did I mention they sell their artwork too? They’re located right on Halsted St., so go check them out!

Website

Facebook

Instagram- @vippaints

Twitter- @vippaints

Katie is a freshman at UIC, majoring in Communications. She loves to read novels by Ellen Hopkins and spend all her money at Sephora.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.