samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Finals Daydreaming: Red Bull 30 Days in Chicago Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The dreaded hell week of college. The long hours in the library, stress rants, and countless cups of coffee. One way to destress for us, college kids, is to go to our ‘happy place.’ Summer beach vacations, being at home with a bomb-ass home-cooked meal, etc. etc. My memory drifted to not too long ago actually, November to be exact.

The beauty of living in the city is having a plethora of social activities. I’m sure we can all rave over music in some type of way. And live, it’s even better. It’s an experience that gets you connected to the lyrics, literally eardrum to heart, it seems like it connects to you with that live sound system quality. Chicago was blessed with 30 back to back to back… nights of music entertainment. It was truly amazing.

I spend four of my nights at either the Riviera Theatre, Thalia Hall, or Aragon Ballroom. Listening to Kehlani, 6lack, Khalid, Lil Yachty, and Migos from a concert to Spotify with headphone volume levels in the study lounge really is a degrade. And to add on finals and group projects, not fun.

The 6lack concert was great though, so that kept my mind off of school for a bit. Thanks to the collaboration of Ben Jones, a UIC Red Bull brand ambassador, I was able to get a media pass to capture the moment literally front stage! We love when Her Campus connects with other organizations and representatives in the community so that was also a plus.

Even though it’s not in person, here are my top hits from Red Bull Sound Select 30 Days in Chicago: (from the headline and opening artists I got to see live, plus some other artists that partook in the November music events).

In My Feelings – 6lack

Spice Girls – Aminé

Late At Night – Pell, MNEK

Saved – Khalid

Get Right Witcha – Migos

Hopefully – Tobi Lou

That Far- 6lack

Forever Young – Lil Yachty, Diplo

Keep Up – Kehlani

chirpin’ – Pell

blkswn – Smino

Let’s Go – Khalid

For more information and full coverage: https://30days.redbullsoundselect.com/2017/chicago

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
UIC Contributor.