This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Eduardo Mujica is the first in his family to graduate high school and go to college. This May he will graduate with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship. His home town is Belvidere Illinois, which is small town outside Rockford. After college he plans to stay in the Chicago to start his career.

Eduardo’s dream is to one day own his own brewery business. When he was old enough, he started to visit breweries. He says, “My interest in home brewing started in college. I became tired of all the light beer that lacked flavor and character.” He plans to get a job in management and save money for his business. He says he first wants to make a business plan before starting his business.

“This year I decided to create an official student organization in order to share my interest in craft beer with others.” He got his roommates interested in the club, now one is the Vice President and other is the treasury of brewing club.  They meet once a week to talk about the art of brewing and process of brewing. The club also talks about responsible drinking which he says is an important part of the club.

They have brewed a couple batches of beer and the club has applied for a space this year. They are also sponsored by Brew & Brow that is located on Madison and Morgan.  He says, “I am planning on doing much more with this organization come next semester.”