This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

BASICS:

Name: Destinée Cambium

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Shumway, Illinois

Birthday: April 29th, 1996

Heritage: Irish and Guadeloupean

Major: Neuroscience

UIC LIFE:

Local or Commuter?

Commuter

What are you involved with on campus?

Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority and Association of Pre Medical Students

What is your favorite thing about UIC?

My favorite thing about UIC would have to be the people. Everyone is so diverse and different and it’s great to have the opportunity to get to talk to people from so many different backgrounds.

What is your least favorite thing about UIC?

My least favorite thing about UIC would have to be the wifi. I think everyone can agree on that one.

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan on going to med school, but if I don’t get accepted then I plan on joining the Peace Corps.

FUN FACTS:

Favorite Place to Eat?

The Loving Hut hands down. It’s the best vegan restaurant in the city.

What’s something that people don’t really know about you?

I’ve been to 5 continents.

What are your hobbies?

Anything to do with charity, from passing out flyers to selling cookies.

What kind of music are you into?

I love every genre of music except heavy metal,but my favorite genre is probably Indie, like the Killers, stuff like that.

What’s you’re favorite animal?

My favorite animal is a wolf.

Favorite Movie:

The Boondock Saints 

Favorite Book:

It changes everyday, but at this moment my favorite book is The Power of Beauty by Nancy Friday.

LOVE LIFE:

Interested in:

Men

Relationship Status:

Single

Celebrity Crushes:

Ryan Gosling

What do you look for in a guy?

I like smart, kind-hearted guys with a witty sense of humor.

What is your deal breaker?

If a guy doesn’t stand up for an innocent person. I can’t stand cowards.

Describe your dream date?

My dream date would be going sky diving and then going out for coffee to talk about how amazing it was.

Tenzin Moenkyi was born in the small village of Dharamsala, India where many Tibetan refugees reside. At a young age she immigrated to Rogers Park, a diverse Chicago neighborhood located on the north side. The issues regarding Tibet's political turmoil with China along with those in her community in the city made her passionate about political affairs and social justice. Currently, she is a Junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago double-majoring in Economics and Politcal Science. She is her chapter's treasurer of the national sorority Phi Sigma Sigma, a writer for HerCampus Magazine, and model for Stewart Talent Agency. Catch her modeling in this year's Chicago Fashion Week on October 15th! 
UIC Contributor.