Cheap Dates in the Chicago Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

We’re in college so it’s understandable that we don’t have much money, but after countless movie nights with your boyfriend, it can make you really feel the need to get out. Going on fun dates doesn’t have to be super expensive. Here are a few suggestions that won’t break the bank, but will get you off the couch.

Visit a Museum
You don’t have to pay thirty bucks to go on a dorky date. Most museums have free admission days. The Adler Planetarium is free October 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 and 26. The Field Museum is free October 11, 26 and 31 and the Museum of Science and Industry is free on October 31. You can find other museums free days on their websites.

.

Lincoln Park Zoo
You’re never too old for the zoo. It’s always going to be fun, and when it’s free, that just makes it even better.

Be tourists in your own city
When you live in a place for a long time you don’t normally think to go to the places the tourists flock to. So have a touristy date where you go around taking pictures at places like Cloud Gate, Buckingham Fountain, Crown Fountain or even just against the skyline.

Lincoln Park Conservatory
It’s starting to get cold, but it’s always warm inside the Lincoln Park Conservatory, the showcase of exotic plants and home to thousands of others. Admission is free, so get a break from the congestion of the city for awhile a wonder around the beautiful flora.