This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Without having to take any surveys, I’m willing to bet that most of you are tired of hearing about all the bad things happening in both this country, and around the world. While it is very important to stay informed of these events, as they typically involve all of us in one form or another, it can make us see more of the bad parts of nature rather than the good. Sometimes we forget that we have the power to make a difference and participate in an act for the greater good.

The National Alliance on Mental Illness is hosting its 6th Annual Walk in Grant Park this year, offering a fantastic opportunity to show your support towards the treatment and cure of mentally dehabilitating diseases. Along with enjoying the beautiful scenery around the lakefront, there will be live music, prize giveaways, food, and plenty of placed to accept your generous donations. By assisting NAMI, you will help to keep the tradition of providing information, support, and education to the general public free of charge.

There are two dates left to join the team against Mental Illness!
October 9th and October 16th are coming up on your calendars, so mark the date! The walk lasts from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. and provides a great way to have fun with your friends while supporting and educating yourself in a great cause. What better way to spend a lazy Sunday? Be a hero today!