Campus Profile: Daniela Reyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

We got to sit down with our Social Media Director Daniela Reyes to find out about her school life, interesting facts, and love life!

Basics

Name: Daniela Reyes

Year: Junior

Hometown: Chicago

Birthday: November 24th

Major: Sociology

UIC Life

Local or Commuter?

Locally commuting?

What are you involved with on campus?

I am in the Editorial team of Her Campus and their Social Media Director.

What are your plans for next year?

Hopefully find an internship and explore a minor!

What are your plans after graduation?

I came in looking to get a Social Science degree for my undergrad to get my Masters in Social Work. That is still my main plan but right now I am open to other things.

Fun Facts

Describe yourself in three words.

Timid, funny, caring.

Interesting fact?

I’m not a fan of coffee. A lot of people are surprised because coffee is their life, but I prefer tea.

Current go to song?

Nights by Frank Ocean

Something that you would change about yourself?

My time management, for sure. I always wait last minute to finish my work and I always tell myself I will start earlier but that never happens. 

One thing you would tell your high school self?

Don’t worry too much. I wish I enjoyed my high school years more. I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter what university you go to, what matters is what you do in your time there.

Biggest Pet Peeve?

People who think they are better than everyone else. You aren’t, get over yourself.

Love Life

Interested in?

Men

Relationship Status?

Single

Celebrity Crush?

Cara Delevingne and Leonardo Dicaprio  

Favorite Pick-Up Line?

I always make lame jokes so any pick-up line that makes me laugh

Ideal First Date?

A movie, it gives you something to talk about after

Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.