This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, collegiates everywhere are racing to find that perfect costume. Not into dressing up? No problem. There’s many ways to play up your look and Halloween creates an opportunity to experiment with bold beauty tricks. This is why we are completely in love with M.A.C’s new The Simpsons collection!

M.A.C regularly introduces limited-edition collections such as Marilyn Monroe and the upcoming Rocky Horror Picture Show collection. It is a bit surprising that such a luxe company as M.A.C would take a cartoon character as muse. However, Marge Simpson does have a quirky (and sultry) style. I took a stroll by the M.A.C makeup counter on Michigan Ave to test it out and came out with a Simpsons makeover!

I knew I wanted to start out my look with a blue pout, so I used Inglot’s Pacific Blue lipstick beforehand. Once at the M.A.C counter, a makeup artist used That Trillion Dollar Look eye shadow quad on me and dusted a bit on the lips for an extra glow. 

The Simpsons collection has the best color names! This eyeshadow palette includes four fun shades: “Lisa’s Spikes” (yellow), “Apple Squishee” (green), “2 Dozen and One Greyhounds” (olive), and “Chalkboard Dream” (teak). 

The collection also includes cartoony eyelashes, bright lip gloss, cheeky blush, and graphic nail stickers. The eye palette featured here sells at $44 but for an affordable pop of Simpsons, try Covergirl’s Eye Enhancers quad in Tropical Fusion ($5). Doh!

Travelista musings of PaulinaPeach ✿ 
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.