This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Collegietes, it’s week 4 for us and we’re ready to call it quits. Recently, I’ve had a lot of moments happen and the question that crossed my mind was: “Do I want this and if I do then how badly?” I’m pretty sure we’ve all had those moments cross our paths. We had to make a choice asking if we really wanted this and how hard we’re going to fight for it.

It could be a number of things from boys to school. If it’s a boy, then you have to ask yourself if he’s worth it. We all meet a guy during the semester that makes our brain go to mush and just a giggly mess. Wait for it….there’s a catch. He could be the guy that isn’t ready for a relationship yet or who a guy that has a lot on his plate with school and clubs. Whatever the issue is with a guy you’re crushing on or seeing, it’s about what you do going forward. Are you going to sit on the sidelines or actually on the field fighting for him? If he’s a guy that isn’t ready for a relationship, it’s honestly just a matter of how much you care about him. It’s not always easy walking away from someone you care about. You can wait for him or move on because it just not be the right timing with him. You guys can cross paths in the future and try to pick up where you guys left off because this time, he might be ready for a relationship. Don’t wait for him because there’s so much more out there for you and like I said if it was meant to be, then you guys will cross paths again. If he’s a guy that has a busy schedule, but he tries to make time for you, then ask yourself if you can keep up with his busy life. If you can walk away from him without any regrets, then walk away and keep being fabulous. If you know you’ll have regrets, honey get on that field and fight for him before someone else gets him.

If it’s school, then you need to work hard. If you’re indecisive about your major, take your time. Do not feel rushed about picking a major. College doesn’t mean you have to graduate in 4 years. Pick a major that you’ll be happy with in the future. Don’t pick a major that someone tells you to do or one that makes the most money because in the future you won’t be happy. If you want to pursue a certain career patj, but your family doesn’t approve, maybe you have to walk to the beat of your own drum. If you want to get involved on campus, go to fairs and look up the clubs your university offers. It might be nerve racking to trying something new, but you’ll regret not giving it a shot. If there’s a class that is giving you trouble, work hard and seek help from the tutoring center and your TA. You can’t give up hope on a class, when it isn’t a lost cause. You can do anything you set your mind too.

Ladies, I urge you to be your own girl boss, which isn’t just a semester thing, but a forever thing.  Being a girl boss means going after what you want no matter what. Go out there and make your dreams come true! If you want it, then go after it without any doubts and fears. In a Cinderella Story, Hilary Duff had a line in the movie that fits this perfectly, “Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.” That’s all until next time, collegietes!

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
UIC Contributor.