Award Winning Outerwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Cute Scarf? Check.
Winter Boots? Check.
Fuzzy Hat? Check.
Warm Gloves? Check.
Hot Chocolate? Warmed and Ready.

Just as you open the door and the cold wind hits you, you realize that you are missing something… a JACKET!!!! Well before you get frostbite, I’ve given out awards to the best of the best outwear to help you narrow down your selection. And the winners are…

Best Color:

AE.com, $99.95

Best Puff:

Express.com, $178.00

Best Price:

Forever21.com, $19.80

Best Detail:

Vans.com, $99.50

Rockstar Award:

Urbanoutfitters.com, Online Only, $170.00

Coat of the Year:

Express.com, $198.00

The coat is the winner because a trench coat is a classic look (so it will never go out of style) and trench coats are known for their flattering length. The color is so rich that it almost guarantees you will get tons of compliments just for that aspect. This amazing piece is made out of wool so it will keep you toasty all winter long. The coat also has a lot of fun details like buttons, zippers, pockets, and a belt that will make this coat last much longer than if it were only held closed by buttons. Basically this piece screams “BUY ME!!!!” and trust me, you won’t regret it. ; )

Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.