Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

Campus Celeb: Rich Stanton

By Rachel Ehrenberg
October 29, 2012 - 2:33pm

Having computer problems? We know just the guy to help! Meet our next Campus Celeb, Richard Stanton! HC UIC: Year? Major? What are your plans after college?
RICHARD: I'm a senior and I'm majoring in Information and Decision sciences which deals with IT work and programming. I would like to work in an IT department or software development department of a corporation after college. READ MORE

Award Winning Outerwear

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 29, 2012 - 2:16pm

Cute Scarf? Check.
Winter Boots? Check.
Fuzzy Hat? Check.
Warm Gloves? Check.
Hot Chocolate? Warmed and Ready. Just as you open the door and the cold wind hits you, you realize that you are missing something… a JACKET!!!! Well before you get frostbite, I’ve given out awards to the best of the best outwear to help you narrow down your selection. And the winners are… Best Color:
AE.com, $99.95 Best Puff: READ MORE

Critical Mass

By Alex Griparis
October 17, 2012 - 6:31pm

READ MORE

Music Midterm: Top 10 Fall Albums

By Meaghan Lee
October 17, 2012 - 5:19pm

There's nothing I love more than new music. That's why, while parting with summer wasn't ideal, the promise of a semester filled with fresh experiences and a fresh soundtrack for those experiences kept my thoughts positive. Behold a list, compiled by me, of the top 10 albums so far in the semester! Be sure to listen to my favorite track recommendations for each album! Top 10 Fall Albums
(oldest to newest release) Night Visions READ MORE

The Spookiest Halloween Apparel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 17, 2012 - 3:48pm

October has finally begun! Scary movies will be played over and over again on TV, kids will consume piles of candy, and everyone will be planning what their Halloween costume will be this year. Here are some great pieces that you can wear throughout October to show your Halloween sprit without having to break your bank on an expensive costume. T-Shirts:
Urbanoutfitters.com, $34.00 READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Katie Norton

By Rachel Ehrenberg
October 17, 2012 - 3:00pm

Coming soon to theaters everywhere-directing and design major Katie Norton! HC UIC: Major? Year in school? Plans after college?
KATIE: I am a directing and design major here at UIC. Right now I'm a second semester junior even though it's the first semester of the year. I went to community college for two years and then took a year off. I pay for school, so when I wasn't in school, I was working. My goal after college is to have a Disney Tech internship. I would do anything from rigging lights to stage management. There's opportunities in California and one in Florida, and they go from January to June. I'd want to be in California because there are more job opportunities. READ MORE

Let’s Talk Yoga! Creative Workout for the Body & Soul

By Nicole Jacobs
October 17, 2012 - 2:29pm

Bored of your typical cardio workout routine? Need something fresh and just as equally intense? Try doing Yoga! It’s a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India and will definitely have you moving, breathing, and sweating! It focuses on fitness, the purity of the body, and how to live a healthier lifestyle. READ MORE

Elizabeth Rogner

By Ceida Elizarraraz
October 17, 2012 - 12:19pm

Name: Elizabeth Rogner
Major: Education
Year: Freshman
Age: 19
Hometown: Evanston, Illinois Q: What is your dream career or major goal in life?
A: To accomplish all I want in life, while having my family right beside me. Q: What are your interests, hobbies or what do you do in your spare time?
A: I enjoy anything that can allow me to be creative: painting, drawing, even decorating cakes. It's relaxing and allows me to express what I'm really feeling at that moment. READ MORE

Fashion Guide 101: Fall

By Bianca Pearson
October 17, 2012 - 12:09pm

Happy Fall everyone! I’m hoping there are still some summer birds out there that are not ready for fall, just like I am, but unfortunately it is here. I guess I was sick of my summer clothes anyways! So I would like to announce that it is officially cardigan season! Basically, I have spent the last week and a half looking at all the top fashion websites and multiple pinterest boards trying to figure out what styles work the best. READ MORE

Donut Time!

By Deanna Grazier
October 5, 2012 - 9:44am

Taken at the Doughnut Vault, 400 North Franklin Street Chicago, IL. Yum!
    READ MORE