Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

How are you planning to de-Stress on Finals?

By

Haki Batra

By msingh26
November 26, 2012 - 1:04pm

Name: Haki Batra Year: Junior Major: Business Marketing Hobbies/Interests: Loves to cook, loves his mom and
sister dearly. Interesting Fact: He is the founder of Shut Em Up Entertainment Qualities he looks for in a girl: Looking for a smart, presentable woman with a sense of humor. A girl who is outgoing. READ MORE

DIY: Chocolate Covered Strawberries!!!

By Nicole Jacobs
November 26, 2012 - 12:46pm

Need a sweet, tasty treat that’s easy to make? Have a potluck party to attend and want to create something easy, fast, and affordable? Chocolate covered strawberries are the way to go!  They are ever so simple to make and taste delicious! If you have a huge sweet tooth like I do, then you’ll absolutely enjoy making these decadent strawberries. The process is super easy that just about anyone can make them by following these simple steps:   READ MORE

10 Things HC UIC is Thankful for:

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 22, 2012 - 2:08pm

10 Things HC UIC is thankful for: 1. Being able to see the Skyline from anywhere. The Sears Tower (Willis Tower, the name change is just too hard to accept) really is our North Star. 2. We are thankful for the Idea Commons that stays open 24/7 for those of us who are extra studious (and for those of us who are the best procrastinators)! 3. We are thankful for virtually having the entire world outside our front door; there are so many cultures to explore and appreciate… and most of them are in our own neighborhoods! 4. We are thankful that the new coffee joint in the Richard J. Daley Library brews Starbucks coffee. READ MORE

Thanksgiving Time!

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 20, 2012 - 9:53pm

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Dish?  READ MORE

Thanksgiving Break

By Claudia Martinez
November 20, 2012 - 9:47pm

Have a great Break Everyone! Enjoy! READ MORE

Will Ikeda

By msingh26
November 20, 2012 - 9:25pm

Name: Will Ikeda Year: Senior Major: Mechanical Engineering Hobbies: He loves to swim, read, likes to cook Interesting Fact: speaks Japanese and Polish Qualities he looks for in a girl: Looking for an intelligent and witty, personable girl Perfect Date: Walking on the beach holding hands READ MORE

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 19, 2012 - 11:53pm

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling 1. Because you need someone to convince you that standing in line at the outdoor ice-rink is going to be worth it, even if the 30min mark means you’ll be there for another hour. 2. Because once you are ready to skate, you need someone to hold your hand. How else are you supposed to hold yourself up? (But really, we all know you almost went pro as a junior figure skater in 6th grade, no biggie.) 3. Because you drank a little too much spiked eggnog at your Friendsgiving reunion and you need your go-to designated driver. READ MORE

What is your favorite Black Friday Shopping Spot?

By

Campus Celeb: Savannah Ridge

By Rachel Ehrenberg
November 19, 2012 - 9:00am

Where are you from? I'm from Park Ridge. I can take the blue line home so that it means it's considered part of Chicago but I don't see it that way. I lived there my whole life with my mom, my dad, and my two younger sisters.  How are you liking living in the city for college? READ MORE