Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

Music Blog: In Bloom

By Meaghan Lee
March 11, 2013 - 11:12pm

Yes, the weather outside is frightful. As we approach mid March, still waking up to snow covered, well everything, I’m confident in my plea for some musical bloom. The groundhog must have a very dismal taste in music. Let’s shake him up a bit! Here are ten inspired songs to help you think spring. READ MORE

Michael Bellino

By msingh26
March 11, 2013 - 9:45pm

Name: Michael Bellino Hometown: Palos Hills Age: 24 Relationship status: In love with the girl of my dreams. Haha. Yeah I have a girlfriend. Major: Biology Hobbies: Watching/Playing hockey, cooking, indulging in craft beers, watching TV(National Grographic, TheWalking Dead, Breaking Bad, Tosh.O), going to BlackHawks games. Favorite Athlete: Jonathan Toews Favorite Color: Green READ MORE

March Madness...say what?!

By Anna Soltysiak
March 11, 2013 - 2:22pm

Beginning March 19, the men in your life will stop calling you, send you three to four word text messages (maybe five if they really like you!), and most likely forget about your weekend plans together. When your boyfriend calls you “Cinderella,” it will not be because he is trying to be romantic. When he refers to the big dance, he will not be talking about semi formal. For the next three weeks, your guy will have one thing on his mind, and it is probably not what you are thinking. Welcome to March Madness season, ladies. READ MORE

Text Wars

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
March 10, 2013 - 10:22pm

Text Wars Game Show UIC Campus Programs invites you to do battle and win tons of great prizes at “Text Wars” Game Show! This interactive game show allows the entire audience to compete by using their cell phones. $500 in cash prizes will be given over 3 rounds, with a chance for 40 different people to win! Host by Jimmy Failla (ESPN, the TODAY SHOW) and Ryan Reiss (MTV, Vh1). This show is TONS OF LAUGHS and has CASH PRIZES for students and SOR SUPPORT PRIZES for Registered Student Organizations! The organization that brings the most members will receive $300 in SOR Support! The money can be used for catering, audio/visual equipment, and or meeting/event space rental! The winning organization will be announced Wednesday, March 20, 2013....

Thirsty Thursday

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
March 10, 2013 - 9:31pm

UIC Campus Programs presents: Thirsty Thursday! Enjoy a free and fun Zumba class plus free fruit infused water! Where: Recovery Room- Student Center West When: Thursday, March 14, 2013 Time: 6:00pm-7:00pm   READ MORE

5 Nutrition Tips for a Healthier You

By Rachel Ehrenberg
March 7, 2013 - 11:22pm

1.      Know hat you’re Eating A lot of the times people aren’t really sure what the serving sizes are for the foods they eat. A helpful way to watch what you’re eating is by looking at the Nutrition Facts Panel on the food labels. The five things that a company is required to include on their labels are; serving size and servings per container, calories per serving and calories from fat per serving, list of nutrients, percent daily values (%DV), and a footnote for the daily values. Be aware of those and it will lead to smarter choices! READ MORE

St. Patrick's Day Celebrations in Chicago 2013!

By Nicole Jacobs
March 7, 2013 - 9:05pm

It’s about that time of year again when Chi-rish invades the city’s streets and bars. No other city celebrates St. Paddy’s day quite like Chicago! The great thing about living in an urban environment is that there is always something exciting and interesting going on. Here are some fun, lively outdoor and indoor activities happening in Chicago for St. Pat’s Day. St. Patrick’s Day Parade READ MORE

PAWS Chicago

By Anna Soltysiak
March 7, 2013 - 9:00am

PAWS Chicago is the largest no-kill humane organization in the city, dedicated to transforming animal welfare by providing shelter and care for homeless animals through the implementation of real-world solutions. This non-profit organization is funded by donations and is able to see through its mission with the dedication and commitment of volunteers, who care about the rehabilitation and re-homing of dogs and cats. Volunteers can make a difference through various tasks, such as assisting with community education and outreach programs, implementing follow-up programs, and raising donations and awareness at special events. READ MORE

Best and Worst Jobs For College Girls

By Francesca Dreesen
March 7, 2013 - 9:00am

We all know that being a full-time student can be hard when you also need to work. Whether you need to pay for your own tuition or need some extra money, believe it or not there are certain jobs that are better than others. If you want a job that is good for your schedule and gives you time to get your schoolwork done, consider these awesome part-time jobs. Do: Receptionist- being a receptionist is a wonderful opportunity to build your communication skills. It will prepare you for a future career. You will most likely have a set schedule, which is ideal for organizing your life. Some jobs will even let you do your homework during downtime. Finally you wont go home exhausted from being on your feet all day. ...

Ponnu Padiyara

By Claudia Martinez
March 6, 2013 - 9:05pm

What is your major and what do you plan to do with it in the future? I am double majoring in Biology and Psychology and I hope to be a physician one day. I have always been invested in making healthcare better because I believe that one of the greatest injustices we face as a country is the disparity in healthcare afforded to the poor.  Most likely I will try to get my Masters in Public Health and focus on healthcare policy before going to medical school. Eventually I think I will want to run for public office as well. READ MORE