Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

Give a little, get a little

By Alex Griparis
December 5, 2012 - 2:00am

Before you go making your Christmas wish list, be sure to remember that this is, in fact, the season of giving. Think about how you can give some of your time, love, and warmth to those in need this holiday season.  Don’t forget to think about your loved ones as well, and of course reward yourself by asking Santa for some of the best season’s goodies! The Salvation Army READ MORE

Richard Sanchez

By Sally Garduno
December 5, 2012 - 1:19am

Name:  Richard Sanchez  Major: Major in electrical engineering and a minor in math Year in School: Third year   Are you employed?  Yes I'm a manufacturing engineer intern at BorgWarner. What is your Home town? Elmhurst, IL What is your favorite Disney movie?  Tangled or the Lion King, although that is really normal. READ MORE

What will you do after Finals?

By

Ready for the Holidays!

By Claudia Martinez
December 4, 2012 - 11:45pm

We are so Ready for the Holidays! Just one more week. Finish Strong Everyone!  Photo Edition: Claudia Martinez  READ MORE

2012 Snow Ball @ UIC Forum

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
December 4, 2012 - 3:02am

Need a break from studying? Looking for something fun to do before finals?

Stop by the UIC Forum for a winter wonderland of fun at the 2012 Snow Ball, 7:00 p.m. to Midnight!

Get "chill" with:

- Live DJ's
- Hot Chocolate/Coffee Café stations
- Food stations
- Snow Cones
- Face painter
- Temporary tattoo artist
- Photos (against winter backdrops)
- Carriage Rides (around the building 7-8 pm)

FREE FOR ALL UIC STUDENTS (i-card required for entry)

Wear whatever you want, but NO JEANS please (formal attire, white clothing preferred).

Stay for the Midnight snowfall in the Main Hall!
READ MORE

Candlelight Yoga

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
December 4, 2012 - 2:41am

Are you stressed out about finals? Are you looking for something fun and relaxing to do around campus? Then check out this event! It will be on West Campus and the best part is that it's FREE for UIC students!   Where:  West Campus             Sport & Fitness Center              828 S. Wolcott St.              Fitness Room 1   When: Thursday, December 6th from 5:30—6:30 pm
           Monday, December 10th from 5:30—6:30 pm   READ MORE

This Girl is on Fire!

By Nicole Jacobs
December 4, 2012 - 2:18am

Okay not literally… but she happens to be one of the most influential female R&B artists today! From her soulful voice to her savvy piano skills, this empowered female has some of the greatest hits such as, “No one” and “If I ain’t got you.” Now she is back with a new album and yet another catchy hit called “Girl on Fire.” And what can I say… this girl is definitely on fire! I love everything about Ms. Alicia Keys. From her charm to her beautiful voice and her simple elegance, Ms. Keys is without a doubt one of my favorite female artists. READ MORE

Your Guide to Celebrating New Year’s Eve 2013 in Chicago

By Anna Soltysiak
December 4, 2012 - 1:32am

With the end of the year right around the corner, it’s time to start planning how we’re going to ring in the New Year. As collegiettes, we need plenty of time to find the perfect outfit, a hot date to kiss at midnight, and most importantly, an event to attend! I’ve taken it upon myself to make Her Campus your go-to place to sort out all the details of this annual party fest (you’re welcome!). Here are a few events worthy of checking out:     @ Stout Barrelhouse READ MORE

Violeta Podrumedic

By Rachel Ehrenberg
November 30, 2012 - 10:25pm

Hi Violeta, what year are you in school and what are you majoring in? I'm currently a junior. I'm a Political Science and Communications major with a minor in Italian.   Wow, that's a lot! How did you decide to pursue all of these different interests? READ MORE

We Love Our City!

By Claudia Martinez
November 28, 2012 - 7:22pm

Check this beautiful snapshot of a sunset in Chicago. We love our City! HCXO<3 READ MORE