Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

What are you most excited about for Spring Break?

By

No Money? No Problem!

By Alex Griparis
March 5, 2013 - 9:56am

As collegiettes, our wallets may be small but our adventures don’t have to be! Living in one of the greatest cities in the world, it’s easy to find something to do with your friends any night of the week without breaking the bank. Here are some amazing free and near free events and meals that will be sure to make your nights out unforgettable.   Abbey Pub
Established in 1973, this pub/music venue is on the corner of Grace and Elston Ave in Chicago. This place is definitely worth going, and every Thursday they have a $3 house burger and fries deal, as well as $3.50 blue moons. While you’re there, you and your friends may even catch a live music show. READ MORE

Friday Night Live

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
March 4, 2013 - 4:16pm

READ MORE

Spring Diversity Career Fair

By Angelica Sanabria Valdes
March 4, 2013 - 1:36am

Spring is just right around the corner and now is a great time to start planning for the summer. Are you looking for an internship, full-time position, or a summer job? If so, attend the Spring Diversity Career Fair!   When: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Location:UIC Student Center East, Illinois Room
750 South Halsted in Chicago Free for UI, UIC, UIUC, and UIS students and alumni $10 for everyone else All majors are welcomed! READ MORE

The Rave Run

By Alex Griparis
March 3, 2013 - 11:25am

Lately, it seems like Chicagoland has been seeing a lot of the same races. The Color Run, The Hot Chocolate Run, and of course the Chicago Marathon for all you over-achievers. Recently I came across a new 5K that is unlike any of the others. It's called The Rave Run and it's coming to Chicago on April 27th! The Rave Run takes place at night, and according to their website runners will "experience a nocturnal wonderland with 3.1miles of stunning lights and music." It was founded in 2012 by an runner, artist, and insomniac. He succesfully created a 5K that includes the best of all three of these aspects. READ MORE

10 Tips For A Happier, Healthier Lifestyle!

By Nicole Jacobs
March 1, 2013 - 5:01pm

As collegiettes, it can be tough to have a balanced diet and exercise regularly. With built up stress from classes and work we may neglect our physical and mental health. Sometimes we have to stop, take a breath and remember to take care of ourselves. Making an effort to be fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle is important and is something that can be possible! Here are ten tips that will lead you to a healthier, happier lifestyle. 1. Make sleep & eating priorities READ MORE

Victor Barrera

By Claudia Martinez
March 1, 2013 - 3:36am

READ MORE

The Veil’s 2nd Annual Yes to B.I.O Style Variety Show: Stop Bullying!

By Claudia Martinez
March 1, 2013 - 1:37am

YES TO B.I.O. is a style variety show hosted by TheVeil showcasing UIC students' style, personality, and talent while fundraising for a good cause :) Wondering what B.I.O. stands for?? Beauty Inside & Out! The Veil wants everyone to embrace others for who they are, spread the importance of beauty both inside and out, and open everyone's eyes to see that they are unique and beautiful in their own way. This year all proceeds will go to BEYOND BULLIES http://www.youtube.com/watch?v... Mr.Mojo's video to The Veil will be played at the show today! Check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v......

Steer Away from the Fear of Collapse

By Elif Geris
February 28, 2013 - 11:19pm

Follow the long, twinkling guitar riffs far into the distance, and into the trap where sirens call you with Metric’s “Speed the Collapse.” Let the riffs embrace you as you lie taking in the blue above. Take off running as Emily Haines lifts you high at the end of the path with her hopeful vocals. “Out of my way!” should be the words that emanate from your throat, and into the crowd’s ears as you fight to the end of the week, with fire shooting out of your palms. Don’t crash beneath the storm that falls in the coming weeks. READ MORE

Manny Chavez

By Ashley
February 28, 2013 - 11:06pm

Name: Manny Chavez Year: Freshman Major: Kinesiology Hometown: Whiting, IN Relationship Status: Single Hobbies/Activities: Playing sports and hanging with family/friends What is the most important characteristic a girl has to have?: A sense of humor and a cute smile What is your favorite sport?: Soccer READ MORE