Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

Thanksgiving Break

By Claudia Martinez
November 20, 2012 - 9:47pm

Have a great Break Everyone! Enjoy! READ MORE

Will Ikeda

By msingh26
November 20, 2012 - 9:25pm

Name: Will Ikeda Year: Senior Major: Mechanical Engineering Hobbies: He loves to swim, read, likes to cook Interesting Fact: speaks Japanese and Polish Qualities he looks for in a girl: Looking for an intelligent and witty, personable girl Perfect Date: Walking on the beach holding hands READ MORE

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 19, 2012 - 11:53pm

25 Reasons You Should Have a Winter Fling 1. Because you need someone to convince you that standing in line at the outdoor ice-rink is going to be worth it, even if the 30min mark means you’ll be there for another hour. 2. Because once you are ready to skate, you need someone to hold your hand. How else are you supposed to hold yourself up? (But really, we all know you almost went pro as a junior figure skater in 6th grade, no biggie.) 3. Because you drank a little too much spiked eggnog at your Friendsgiving reunion and you need your go-to designated driver. READ MORE

What is your favorite Black Friday Shopping Spot?

By

Campus Celeb: Savannah Ridge

By Rachel Ehrenberg
November 19, 2012 - 9:00am

Where are you from? I'm from Park Ridge. I can take the blue line home so that it means it's considered part of Chicago but I don't see it that way. I lived there my whole life with my mom, my dad, and my two younger sisters.  How are you liking living in the city for college? READ MORE

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Steals & Deals!

By Nicole Jacobs
November 19, 2012 - 2:55am

READ MORE

Ten Ways to Keep An Extra Buck in Your Wallet

By Anna Soltysiak
November 19, 2012 - 2:11am

Being a college student is expensive. Paying for rent, tuition, and your social life leaves little room for saving your hard-earned cash. Here are ten easy ways to help you save money and avoid spending it in the wrong places. Make Your Own Coffee. We’re all limited on time in the morning, but taking an extra five to ten minutes to make your own cup of coffee outweighs the costs of buying coffee from the local Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts by hundreds—even thousands—of dollars. You can purchase your own coffee grinder for a low price and buy the brands or flavors of your preference. You can purchase a 12-cup coffee maker at Target for $24.99. READ MORE

Who Just Guides?

By Elif Geris
November 15, 2012 - 4:30am

READ MORE

Expired'N'Fabulous

By Sally Garduno
November 14, 2012 - 7:05am

This Ad at one of UIC bus stops features a very brave and empowering blog; Expired’N’Fabulous. In a world where divorce rates are high and globalization has rid of many traditional customs this blog holds on to the patience of finding marriage based on Love, not fancy cars and large paychecks; all the while detouring from usual Arabian traditions. This woman has bravely taken lead of her own love life and has let chance take its toll on the "Gambling of her heart”. READ MORE

The Internet: Is It Really Helping Us?

By Alex Griparis
November 14, 2012 - 2:44am

As contradicting as it is that I’m writing this to be posted and read on the internet, the effects that the internet is having on our brains and thinking patterns is problematic. We live in an internet-obsessed society, and it’s becoming increasingly harder to stay away from the internet. It’s especially hard as a college student, because most of our assignments are online. It’s important to know the effects that staring at a computer screen for all hours of the day have on our minds and lives. Though technology does have its benefits and has made our lives easier in some aspects, we need to remember that always being online isn’t the best thing for an intellectual mind, body, and spirit. READ MORE...