Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UIC Archives

What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving?

By

Piotr Warchol

By Ceida Elizarraraz
November 6, 2012 - 9:11pm

Name: Piotr Warchol Major: Psychology and Biology Year: Freshman Hometown: Roselle, IL Favorite Class: Chemistry Perfect Woman: Funny, smart, laid black, beautiful, and awesome Little Known Fact: English is my second language, I learned it in third grade. Country or City: City Spot on Campus: The Quad Song Currently Stuck in Head: Titanium Perfect Date: Movie, dinner, snuggling/cuddling READ MORE

Pumpkin Extravaganza

By UIC Contributor
November 6, 2012 - 8:55pm

Fall is the most wonderful time of the year (sorry Andy Williams). From the leaves, to the sweaters, hot chocolate, and most importantly, pumpkin-flavored everything, fall is pure bliss. Especially the pumpkin part. All the wannabe-pumpkin lovers seem to come out of the woodworks at this time and make their appearance at Starbucks for their latte, but us true pumpkin lovers prefer to take it to the next level. Here are some of my favorite pumpkin recipes to enhance the gloriousness that is Autumn in Chicago. Pumpkin Spice Muffins
So easy, so cheap, so delicious. All you  need is a box of spice cake and a can of pumpkin. Mix together and back for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting. Yum!...

Campus Celeb: Antonella Bonfiglio

By Nicole Jacobs
November 6, 2012 - 7:48pm

UIC Italian teacher and marathon runner, Antonella Bonfiglio, slowed down just long enough to chat with HC   UIC about her active hobby! HC UIC: Ciao, Antonella! ANTONELLA: Ciao, Nicole. Thank you so much for thinking of me for an article about running! I am flattered.     HC UIC: What class/classes do you teach at UIC and for how long? ANTONELLA: I teach 103 and 104 Italian this semester. I've been teaching at UIC since 2008. HC UIC: How long have you been a runner? ANTONELLA: I've been running on my own since I was 18. HC UIC: How many marathons in total have you run and which ones? ANTONELLA: I've run 12 in total, most of them here in Chicago, three in New York City, and one in Sacramento, California....

Campus Celeb: Rich Stanton

By Rachel Ehrenberg
October 29, 2012 - 2:33pm

Having computer problems? We know just the guy to help! Meet our next Campus Celeb, Richard Stanton! HC UIC: Year? Major? What are your plans after college?
RICHARD: I'm a senior and I'm majoring in Information and Decision sciences which deals with IT work and programming. I would like to work in an IT department or software development department of a corporation after college. READ MORE

Award Winning Outerwear

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 29, 2012 - 2:16pm

Cute Scarf? Check.
Winter Boots? Check.
Fuzzy Hat? Check.
Warm Gloves? Check.
Hot Chocolate? Warmed and Ready. Just as you open the door and the cold wind hits you, you realize that you are missing something… a JACKET!!!! Well before you get frostbite, I’ve given out awards to the best of the best outwear to help you narrow down your selection. And the winners are… Best Color:
AE.com, $99.95 Best Puff: READ MORE

Critical Mass

By Alex Griparis
October 17, 2012 - 6:31pm

READ MORE

Music Midterm: Top 10 Fall Albums

By Meaghan Lee
October 17, 2012 - 5:19pm

There's nothing I love more than new music. That's why, while parting with summer wasn't ideal, the promise of a semester filled with fresh experiences and a fresh soundtrack for those experiences kept my thoughts positive. Behold a list, compiled by me, of the top 10 albums so far in the semester! Be sure to listen to my favorite track recommendations for each album! Top 10 Fall Albums
(oldest to newest release) Night Visions READ MORE

The Spookiest Halloween Apparel

By Jodie Maplethorpe
October 17, 2012 - 3:48pm

October has finally begun! Scary movies will be played over and over again on TV, kids will consume piles of candy, and everyone will be planning what their Halloween costume will be this year. Here are some great pieces that you can wear throughout October to show your Halloween sprit without having to break your bank on an expensive costume. T-Shirts:
Urbanoutfitters.com, $34.00 READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Katie Norton

By Rachel Ehrenberg
October 17, 2012 - 3:00pm

Coming soon to theaters everywhere-directing and design major Katie Norton! HC UIC: Major? Year in school? Plans after college?
KATIE: I am a directing and design major here at UIC. Right now I'm a second semester junior even though it's the first semester of the year. I went to community college for two years and then took a year off. I pay for school, so when I wasn't in school, I was working. My goal after college is to have a Disney Tech internship. I would do anything from rigging lights to stage management. There's opportunities in California and one in Florida, and they go from January to June. I'd want to be in California because there are more job opportunities. READ MORE