Add Some Zing to Your Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

This spring’s accessories are big and bold, sure to make a statement wherever you go!  Liven up your spring wardrobe with these following accessories.

Bright Colored Handbags
After a long and dreary winter, what could be better to cheer us up than bright colors!  We’re not just talking about clothes, but handbags so bright, they really pack a punch!  It’s the perfect way to shake up that work outfit or add a little something extra to that little black dress.  From fire engine red to electric yellow, there are endless options of supersaturated hues for you to choose from.  So get out there and find that vivid bag your wardrobe is pining for!

Statement Earrings
Want to draw the attention upwards to your face?  Do so with some eye catching earrings!  We’re seeing a lot of different takes on the bold earrings this season, but most popular seem to be the long tassel and fringe earrings that graze shoulders and some that even dare to go past them.  Don’t be shy when it comes to size, we are making a statement after all!

Platforms
Want the height without the pain?  Well, you’re in luck because this spring, the footwear is all about the platform.  It offers the same height as a heel or wedge, but the level platform allows for more stability and ease in walking.  Once you get your feet in a pair of platforms, they’ll never want to be in anything else! 

Hats
This spring, hats of all different styles take on the job of accessorizing our outfits.  For spring, leave the felt and wool styles behind and go for something light like straw or canvas.  Big 70’s style floppy hats are perfect for protection from the sun and of course for their effortless chic appeal while fedoras always display a sense of cool.  There are endless options for hats, it’s just a matter of deciding on the one (or two) you want!

Katie Delaney is an art history major at the University of Illinois at Chicago. After recently moving to the windy city from the suburbs, she feels more in her element and plans on staying as long as she can. Besides a great love of art, Katie has a passion for fashion that can't be beat. With her own unique style, she is always searching through fashion magazines, blogs, and the streets for sources of inspiration to integrate into her own look. With her innate knack for style, she hopes to make her way into the fashion industry, ideally working at a magazine as a stylist or editor, contributing new ideas and taking the magazine to a whole other level. In her free time she enjoys shopping, drawing, painting, spending time with friends, relaxing with her cat, and curling up with a fresh magazine and a hot cup of coffee. Katie is also currently in the process of learning Italian and has plans of taking off to Italy after graduating to explore great artwork and the vibrant fashion scene.