6 Things You Need If You Are Always On The Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. This device that automatically makes your coffee/tea cold

If you prefer to drink coffee or tea iced but are always in a rush in the morning, this device will make your drink cold within 5 minutes of pouring it in the cup! All you have to do is store it in your freezer. I would suggest that after washing and drying it, just store in your freezer instead of a cabinet!

$25 on Amazon

2. A reliable travel mug that will actually keep your drink warm

If you like your coffee or tea warm, you need a travel mug that will actually keep your drink warm. I’ve had mugs that guarantee warmth but my drink would get cold during my 10 minute walk to the train. Investing in a mug that will keep your drink warm will guarantee you a fuel-filled day.

$20 on Amazon

3. This food jar that will keep your lunch edible

I absolutely love this thing. I have a very short break in between classes and sometimes I want to heat up my leftovers! Generally, standing in the microwave line takes up most of my break. Before I leave, I heat up my food and transfer it to this jar and it’s still warm by lunchtime! It even comes with a folding spoon.

$25 on Amazon

4. A portable charger so you can surf the web without limits

In between commuting, breaks, and trying to pay attention in class, your phone’s battery takes a toll along with you. Investing in a portable charger is extremely helpful so you’ll never be with a dead phone!

$16 on Amazon

5. An Echo Dot so you don’t have to do simple tasks yourself

Now this may seem a little bit unnecessary, but my Echo Dot has saved me a bunch of time! The Echo Dot connects to an existing speaker, via bluetooth or aux cord, and in an instant you have access to Amazon’s Alexa. You can speak directly to Alexa to ask about your commute, the weather, order you an Uber, create a to-do list, play music, search recipes, and countless other tasks.

$50 on Amazon

6. A good pair of headphones to block out your noisey commute

When you’re constantly on the go, you need a source of entertainment. A good source of headphones allows you to listen to music, audiobooks, and podcasts without disruption or distraction. Bonus, wireless headphones get rid of the frustration of the tangled wires.

$40 on Amazon

Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.