6 Scariest Words in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

They’re not ghosts, but when we hear about these phrases we get terrified!

1. Due Date

That mini heart attack you get when you flip through your planner and see “due” on an upcoming date.

It looked like you had a good amount of time when you looked at the syllabus the first day, but time moves fast and now you have to pull an all nighter working on something due in four hours.

2. Midterms

Realizing how screwed you are when midterms come around. 

Time to catch up, and die and whatever.

3. Finals

Getting excited for vacation, but then remembering you have to survive finals week first.

Start brewing the coffee and forgetting what sleep and sanity mean.

4. Student Loans

Thinking about how you’re done with the 4 most stressful years of your life? Nope, now you have to pay them back.

Don’t worry though, they will constantly remind you with emails and letters.

5. 8am Classes

Having to wake up before 9 is terrifying.

Why is there an 8am option anyway?

6. Hang overs 

Just thinking about puking and headaches gives us headaches.

You thought you would be fine, but now you’re worshipping the toilet waiting for your head to stop pounding. 

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.