This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Who doesn’t want to be a gorgeous millionaire married to Ryan Reynolds?

Everything about Blake Lively is better than me: her hair is perfectly tousled, her body is toned and lean, her smile could light up a room, and even her laugh sounds like butterflies. Worse, she says she doesn’t even have to work out to look like the goddess she is. She’s just naturally one of the most beautiful people on the planet.

I don’t know when I became infatuated with this celebrity. I think it was somewhere between The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and Gossip Girl.

And now, picture me, desperately trying to dye my hair with $4 hair dye and doing hours of cardio to get some definition in my legs. Here are the 5 things you must achieve to even become nearly as amazing as Blake Lively

1. Have perfect hair

Everyone has their own definition for ideal hair. But, you cannot tell me that any less than a thousand women have shown their hairdressers a picture of Blake Lively’s luscious locks and said, “do this.” It has the perfect amount of body without being out of control. It’s messy enough to look effortless, yet neat enough to look glamorous.

2. Have a perfect body

I’m guilty of endlessly Googling celebrity diet and exercise routines. Do you know what happened when I attempted to find out Lively’s secrets? I found nothing. She was ‘born that way,’ perfectly thin with ample curves. But since not all of us are so #blessed, I guess it’s back to the gym we go.  

3. Find the perfect man

Ryan Reynolds is gorgeous and hilarious. Him and Blake are the new Brangelina (because we need something to aspire to). They just welcomed baby #2 and look happier than ever.

4. Be perfectly charming

Seriously, have you seen her in any interview ever? She’s so bubbly and likeable. But I suppose it might be easier to be positive when you’re one of the most beautiful women on the planet, rich, and well loved. When she laughs, it’s adorable. When I laugh? I look like a demon.

5. Have a perfect wardrobe

And not just as Serena van der Woodsen on Gossip Girl. Lively is known for her modern chic looks, and she never fails to wow on the red carpet. I tried to find a picture of her looking unfashionable, but nothing came up (surprise!). I suppose it’s difficult for any piece of cloth to look unappealing on such an attractive model.

Face it, none of us will ever be Blake Lively. We must be our flawed selves. But, we can look to the seemingly impossibly perfection of our blonde queen for inspiration to smile and always be our best selves.

UIC Contributor.